Need commuting wheels, tempted by an old Merc barge, and others....

Bockaaarck

I was looking for a new work car and spent a lot of time on the web searching. Unfortunately I was also having a few drinks at the time so my logic got a little wharped.. I ended up with the scooby, four wheel drive, plenty of poke and I love it. :teeth:

• Like 1

I'm in exactly the same boat, need something to do roughly 30-40k a year so needs to get good MPG.

Before I moved to the 350 and then the 370 I was a Saab man, with 4 Saab 95s in a row.

So I have decided to get a nice 93 or maybe 95 diesel, 1.9 or 2.2, very comfy on long drives, especially the 95. You won't believe how comfy it is on a long motorway drive and how cheap you can buy them.

My 370 should hopefully be gone by the weekend and got a garage with 2 Saab 93's and one 95 estate waiting to be test drove to pick which one I want. All three are around the 75k miles mark, 04-55 plates and all well under £3k.

Was originally going to try and get 3.0 V6 Saab 95 Diesel but read too many horror stories about them. But supposed to go like stink and still got great fuel economy if your not flooring it.

• Like 1

Bit of a curve ball but if you are looking at Modeo's why not have a look at Mazda6's.... the 2.2l sport is pretty good to drive if a little thirsty

No curveball there - just common sense.

Nice looking, comfy as hell, good spec, nice interior, Mazda reliability.

Good shout.

Bit of a curve ball but if you are looking at Modeo's why not have a look at Mazda6's.... the 2.2l sport is pretty good to drive if a little thirsty

No curveball there - just common sense.

Nice looking, comfy as hell, good spec, nice interior, Mazda reliability.

Good shout.

I had one 6 years ago a pre-facelift one, don't like the newer ones with the dame edna glasses rear lights :lol:

Just don't get a mazda6 diesel the DPF is horrifically bad on those :surrender: