My next car

Daniel_

Hi all,

I shall soon be in the market for a new car and the 370z seems to be becoming my top choice, has anyone here had any experience from going from a focus RS or the other way round??

Ideally I want the Nismo but don't think I can afford it just yet, maybe in a couple of years when/if they hit the £25k mark!! So for now I'm looking at a BE as I like the red stitching and wheels :p but also love the blue.

I am sure it's been asked a million times but is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? I see a yellow GT the other week which had so many stone chips on the front it was joke, but was the only bad thing I could see otherwise I think I'd have brought it.

Cheers

Never had a Focus RS, but have been around an Astra and Vectra VRX.

The Z maybe slightly slower in a straight line, a sensation amplified by the turbo kicking in, but I'd bet the 370Z is fair bit faster A to B. No matter what clever suspensions, diffs and drive shafts they give the Focus, it's only things that are trying to mask and compensate for it's biggest weakness; FWD.

The Z is designed to be a mid size sports car. The Focus RS is a mid sized family car, that has been made fast. It's hard to compare the two as they are in quite different categories.

Edited by Badgeronimous

Cheers guys yeah I know they shouldn't be compared and I'm not really trying to do that just wondered if anyone had made the move either way and what there thoughts were.

I've been a passenger in one as my dealer wouldn't let me drive due to me being under 25, sounded odd but I didnt argue and enjoyed the ride, it felt fast enough and planted so I'm looking forward to trying it out properly sometime soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys yeah I know they shouldn't be compared and I'm not really trying to do that just wondered if anyone had made the move either way and what there thoughts were.

I've been a passenger in one as my dealer wouldn't let me drive due to me being under 25, sounded odd but I didnt argue and enjoyed the ride, it felt fast enough and planted so I'm looking forward to trying it out properly sometime soon!

I had a similar issue with an S2000 honda dealer a while ago. Make sure you get a drive of the car- my test drive in the 350z at a dealers completely sold it to me. If you're serious and give them advanced warning someone should be able to sort you out ;)

If the dealer won't let you drive, take your business elsewhere.

We had the same issue when looking for Jo's car, when Mitsubishi wouldn't let her drive the Evo. We told them to get stuffed, and promptly went down the road and brought an Impreza from a Subaru dealer :D

• Like 1

Welcome :)

Have you driven one yet? You may find them a tad slow compared with a FRS, assuming you mean a mk2. They're not, but can feel like it compared with the turbo in the Ford.

They're not slower, in a straight line or round a track, well the one that was at the RAF Valley track day a few years ago driven by a friend on semi slicks was slower and he was on the limit, I never even turned my traction control off either :lol: Oh it was the 300RS not the 500, but I dare say some super tuned modded ones are and feel faster, but definitely not stock.

On pass laps with him, I was impressed with the handling for a FWD vehicle though, some very clever stuff Ford managed on the front set up, but never felt overwhelmed by the speed :)