Speaker problems

Turbo-G

Hi All,

This morning I noticed that the sound from the passenger side speakers was very faint when using the OEM CD player. When I shifted the balance over to the left, sound was coming out but very faint and distorted. Switching to the right side was fine.

Now, I would normally assume a cable has come lose or the speakers are knackered, but when using the radio it's perfectly OK...

Anybody experienced anything similar?

Car is a 54' UK GT Pack - standard.

oh my, thats quite extensive.

I'm happy with the standard system, other than the fact it doesn't support an AUX input or music over BT.

Looks like I may need to consider replacing the head unit with something aftermarket. Trouble is, I'd want it to look like it's supposed to be there (and still support the standard speakers, sub, phone preparation and steering wheel controls.

99.9% of after market head unit installations look awful unfortunately :(

get one of the cheaper head units then, they tend to look more OEM than the more expensive touch screens. Pretty much all HU's will support all the speakers, sub and steering controls, however they won't support the OEM BT module, but will have their own built in which will only mean routing a wee mic to somewhere out of the way.

oh my, thats quite extensive.

I'm happy with the standard system, other than the fact it doesn't support an AUX input or music over BT.

Looks like I may need to consider replacing the head unit with something aftermarket. Trouble is, I'd want it to look like it's supposed to be there (and still support the standard speakers, sub, phone preparation and steering wheel controls.

99.9% of after market head unit installations look awful unfortunately :(

Possibly uglier, but if then all your speakers work and you retain the steering controls and add streaming over Bluetooth and a phone charging point and proper access to your contacts and maps that auto-volume your music when they speak, it might be worth considering it.