Air intake and exhaust recommendations ?

mike89

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look on the new website link on my sig.

Lots of great selections available plus official sound clip vids if available

http://tarmac.silver-pride.com/products.aspx?CategoryId=a8d1e195-0ca7-481c-a47c-b9447bbd5040

http://tarmac.silver-pride.com/products.aspx?CategoryId=6acd5627-7b5a-4fcd-b947-09b52eb6090b

Ive just fitted an Injen short ram CAI and its great, noise is great and it feels quicker (although could be in the mind!). Only took 15 mins to fit them both!

Chris

Where did you buy that from mate?

Having had a JWT pop charger on my 350z and the 370z's well know quietness, looking for some recommendations for improving sound of my 370z?

You could try driving with the windows down...you might just be able to hear the exhaust, even the noise of stones in the tyres are a welcome addition. Seriously though you're right it's too quiet, and I realise it's a blatant plug, but if Tarmac can't sort you out then all's lost ;) I'm just waiting to get back home to install my Gen 3, Injen CBE and M370 :yahoo:

I'd still recommend the Stillen for sound. Fair to say that some members feel that the quality of the materials they use isn't what it used to be, although I'm happy with mine about 18 months in. If you prefer a more stock appearance (the Stillen has big shiny tips!) I watched a video of a 370z fitted with a Berk system earlier today - sounded very nice.

Adding High Flow Cats and Fitting an aftermarket exhaust does make a massive difference although might be a bit extreme for some. I went straight from OEM cats+exhaust to Berk HFC's and full Akrapovic exhaust which cost around £2400 for both. Alot of money but the quality of the Akrapovic is outstanding and the sound is superb (although I wouldn't want it any louder). Throttle response was improved and the engine seemed less harsh sounding.

If you find yourself in the Leicestershire area I'm more than happy to give you a demo.

Cheers,

Scotty

Adding High Flow Cats and Fitting an aftermarket exhaust does make a massive difference although might be a bit extreme for some. I went straight from OEM cats+exhaust to Berk HFC's and full Akrapovic exhaust which cost around £2400 for both. Alot of money but the quality of the Akrapovic is outstanding and the sound is superb (although I wouldn't want it any louder). Throttle response was improved and the engine seemed less harsh sounding.

If you find yourself in the Leicestershire area I'm more than happy to give you a demo.

Cheers,

Scotty

Sounds like a great combination - the Akro was more than I wanted to spend at the time but it's a very desirable bit of kit :)

Ive just fitted an Injen short ram CAI and its great, noise is great and it feels quicker (although could be in the mind!). Only took 15 mins to fit them both!

Chris

Where did you buy that from mate?

I bought it from the states mate, managed to squeeze the kit in my suitcase!! Drove it yesterday properly for the first time and definitely noticeable on performance, and the stereo was low pretty much the whole 100 mile journey, noise is great!!

• 4 weeks later...

Berk HFCs make a nice additional on their own. I have Stillen Gen 3 intakes, Berk HFCs and a full Fast Intentions system. In my opinion the car feels and sounds more like it should now. It could be considered a little loud for an everyday car but as I don't use it to commute it really doesn't bother me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stillen gen 3 intakes

Invidia full system

Love the sound my new exhaust of my 370z gt and it proves that all the mods mentioned work very well together with a remap as shown on my performance post. On a very very hot and humid day 356 :D bhp was produced ,so on a normal temp day TDI said I would be close to 360 bhp nice :teeth: