Zed time nearly over, what is she worth guys?....

Karlp

Looks like my zedding time is coming to an end as Im looking for something slightly bigger and dare I say more practical :p

looking towards 3 series coupe territory, 325, 330i etc.

So before sticking up an ad with an silly price I was just wanting to get some advice from my zed chums, so here we go:

Shes a 2004 zed auto (imported 08) engine has done around 50k milage(has 69700 on clock but 46k of that was KM not miles when import happened - I have import cert also to clarify this)FSH just done in April, MOTd til March 14 (always passed first time), Taxed til Oct 13, sitting on 19 LMGT4s that do need a refurb as corrosion coming through, I had the car 80% resprayed end of 2011 to get rid of all stone chips (theres probably about 3 now on the whole car) paintwork is as smooth as a babies behind no dings or dints, black leather electric seats that I gliptoned so look near new, JWT popcharger installed that gets cleaned and reoiled every 6 months, stainless exhaust manifold, Japspeed decats (I have original ones also), carbon wrapped lip, Nismo Carbon b pillars,clear front bumper reflectors, rear wiper delete, cobra thatcham immobiliser, stubby aerial,Z oil cap, Colour coded battery and brake engine covers, nismo V1 replica spoiler,Kenwoood double din touch screen DVD/Nav/Ipod/radio etc with steering wheel controls, car has been meticulously looked after by myself as Im slightly OCD :teeth:, I have all paperwork for everything bought, servicing items, tyres etc. 2 spare keys, car has been laser wheel aligned, LED lights allway round, I swapped the Jap centre console for UK triple pods so reads in MPG etc. Centre console and side button covers have been resprayed so no scratches on interior.

So there we go I've probably missed something :lol: but all the important stuff is there. :)

Some pics here below of when I gave it a full detail in April.

I was offered £7k in April so hopefully looking for a figure with a 7 infront :)

Thanks guys.

http://www.350z-uk.c...-easter-detail/

Just noticed my post count also lol! Maybe somethings telling me to keep it!!

Edited by Karlp

I dont think in the trade you will get anywhere near £7k. I was offered that recently for my 2007 296 UK GT.

As for private values, it really is luck. Some of the cars advertised are silly money but if you find a buyer than wants everything you car has got then they'll probably pay for it. I would say its best to strip the parts and sell the car standard as your wheels are worth a fair bit but if you leave them on the car people will be more reluctant to pay such a premium for mods.

04 Import with 50k on the clock in a marmite colour - I read this and thought hmmmm 7k is going to be quite hard to get.

But then i looked at the photos and it does look like a really clean example. So whatever you do make sure your ad has loads of lovely pics :D

Are we taking private or trade here? It's not worth anywhere near £7k trade.

Private, as someone said all you need is the right buyer looks like a very good example and i would only think being yellow it will be easier to sell, trade you will never win.

Unfortunately a few things that might put some off.

1. Its an import - some will argue that this is not the case....but it is, for most of the buying public.

2. Its yellow - which narrows your market.....I actually like it but not sure could live with it.

3. Its an auto - again some will argue, but they tend to be worth less.

On the positive, the wheel and minor mods will help it too sell, as will the general condition (from pics)....and so will the colour IF the right buyer is out there.

Price....6K?? possibly a bit more.

Trade....dont ask? but as mentioned, roughly 2/3 of the private price although depends what you trade it in against. I'm Nissan will give you 8k against a brand new GTR at full retail.

If you were offered 7K you should have taken it.

GLWTS - it looks a nice clean car.

Edited by aidan
  • Like 1

Mmmmm, £7k for a 04 Import Auto seems steep to me, regardless of condition and mods... i paid less than 7k for a UK manual zed with less miles on it, a year ago! normally i would say to put standard wheels back on, but with the other mods that are on it you'd be limiting yourself to a certain buyer anyways, so perhaps you would get the value for them with them on.

Either ways, best of luck with the sale!

Edited by brillomaster

No idea why anyone sells to the trade TBH. Its pretty straight forward selling a car these days!

It is straight forward selling some cars, but a few reasons people sell to a dealer instead of private:

a) The person cant afford to buy a new car until they have sold their own one and cant wait until theirs is sold.

b ) Depending on the car its not always an easy sale and you can end up lumbered with it for months.

c) Something is wrong with the car and the owner just wants to off-load it without ripping off a member of the public.

d) With certain (usually more expensive) cars the public prefer to buy from dealers to get some sort of warranty or re-assurance.

I normally sell my cars privately, but with my zed I part ex`d it at a dealer to get rid of it. Not because there was anything wrong with it, but from seeing similar cars for sale I knew it might not be an easy sale. I was proved right really as another member on here had a virtually identical car which he spent 8 months trying to sell, even reducing his price to well below what it should have been. Sure I could have probably hung on and eventually sold privately, but with the car depreciating by about £500 a month, needing a P3 service, and additional cost of insuring it as a 2nd car if I kept it, the 2 grand less than id have got privately, which the dealer offered me, for it seemed quite reasonable.

Edited by rabbitstew

Unfortunately dealers have families as well, and are not slippery, belly sliding, scum suckers that we think....they need to make some cash out of deals. Plus they have expenses - warranties, insurance, premises etc etc.