What's this broken part?

invame

Hi all,

Any ideas what the circled part is and what it does? The mechanic at my last MOT said that he thought it was part of the traction control system but it would be nice to confirm it.

RearView01_zpsa33e2ce8.jpg

DiagonalView01_zps1eb83303.jpg

SideView01_zps800f73e3.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I think I'm going to try and glue it with some araldite first. It looks like I might have to slacken the nut so I can turn it slightly so the broken faces line up though. If this works does anyone know of any procedures I may have to go through to ensure my headlights aren't pointing at the moon or anything silly?

Oh i hate those kind of mechanics...anything they dont they, they will reply " yup looks like the Flux Capacitors gone" :nono: or the usual 'Doesnt sound healthy pop the bonnet...ahhh thats the Flux Capacitor on its way out, thats going to be quite costly im afraid"(then puts on the im sorry for your loss grieving face)

• Like 1

I think I'm going to try and glue it with some araldite first. It looks like I might have to slacken the nut so I can turn it slightly so the broken faces line up though. If this works does anyone know of any procedures I may have to go through to ensure my headlights aren't pointing at the moon or anything silly?

PM ZMANALEX and get a replacement.... :pmzmanalex: :pmzmanalex:

To be honest I haven't really looked at how to remove the part as yet. Do I try and remove the sensor if that's possible or is it a case of removing the brackets so I'm left with something like this:

HeadlightLevellingSensor_zps87dcc2cd.jpg

Depending on which do you provide just the sensor Zmanalex and it's a case of me reusing the existing brackets or will it come with the brackets as well?

Thanks.