UPREV Convince me

raduv66

As above when I got my Z I was happy with the power and not looking for a monster BHP animal . I do feel that the throttle response can be a bit sluggish when gunning it and it just needs a little push as the power delivery is slow to respond to my heavy right foot. I've searched this forum and others and it does seem that an Uprev is the way to go to cure this from 1st to 3rd anyway but not all agree that for the money spent you get great rewards.So for shelling out on Plenum spacer , berks hfc etc give a bang or a whimper or something in between ? Does the Z need even more before an Uprev lightweight pullys etc . Coming from a t/c background all I'm looking for is a more responsive throttle and is this worth the money .

All help greatly appreciated thanks Ray.

Changes the car completely in my opinion. It's not about the figures just about drive ability.

I am not a traffic light terror by any means but the Z use to be awful off the mark now it's a whole different animal.

I also am getting a 2mpg increase in fuel economy....so it basically pays for itself... :D

Well that's what I told the Mrs haha

• Like 1

Used to be my stomping ground a few years back as a local boy but not been up there for a few years now . Used to mainly go for the car bike races , thundersports and the formular Ford's 1600s which were total carnage.

Edited by raduv66

Changes the car completely in my opinion. It's not about the figures just about drive ability.

I am not a traffic light terror by any means but the Z use to be awful off the mark now it's a whole different animal.

I also am getting a 2mpg increase in fuel economy....so it basically pays for itself... :D

What did you change prior to the Uprev if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks fellas I would like to know what engine mods you made prior to the Uprev though ? As said I'm not looking for top end BHP but just a more responsive feel on the throttle and the best way of achieving this .

Throttle controller on sp7 REALLY livens up the z , it won't make you any faster but doesn't half liven the car up

I have considered this option and does get great reviews but a question on those who have had both which is the better option ?

What did you change prior to the Uprev if you don't mind me asking.

Decats, y pipe, cat back and Injen Intake. Didn't go with the Plenum as it only seems to make a difference high end.