I've bought a Jaaaaaaaaaaag

spursmaddave

4 miles is not enough Rich, the exhaust needs time to warm up and burn off all the excess soot...

Not saying you WOULD have DPF problems but you would certainly be more likely to...

As DBlock says if your doing short journey then go petrol.

Mine is only just borderline as it's 11 miles each way but as I finish at 4am most morning I manage to warm up the exhaust nicely on the way home :teeth:

of?

Well basically a DPF works by trapping soot and burning it off, if it gets too full you get a warning light usually and a lumpy drive while the exhaust is heated up to help burn up the soot ( it usually helps to rev the nuts off the car ) if you do not do this the DPF can become fubar and be costly to replace circa £1k most cars.

When a DFP is deleted or bypassed you get better flow so increased performance and usually economy too, but the ecu must be fooled into thinking you still have a DPF and all is well, if not it will run the regen process which with no DPF in place can cause fires or similar :scare:

This was in the early days and I'm sure it's safe as houses these days but I would advise caution that's all mate :thumbs: