WARNING WRITE OFF

KC350Z

I was watching that but bailed when it went above my budget.

From eBay ad - ALL IT NEEDS IN MY OPINION IS BUMPER/DOOR SHELL/HEADLIGHT

Can't see that being £7,500 to repair though ???? :headhurt:

He does say inspect it though so there may be more damage.

Edited by Keyser

had it for sale at 6500 when mint crashed one day before it sold with I never went throught insurance and kept it only selling due to I want a manual auto great for traffic but losses the feel when having fun just feel gutted seeing her like that also converted to mph at 7500 so lower than the 40000 show and im the second owner and knew the first

Someone's bid 4.4k , even in perfect condition it wouldn't be worth more than 6k , the maths just don't add up :shrug: . As A cat C or D it won't be worth much more than 5k when it's repaired....am I missing something here?

Pete

Someone's bid 4.4k , even in perfect condition it wouldn't be worth more than 6k , the maths just don't add up :shrug: . As A cat C or D it won't be worth much more than 5k when it's repaired....am I missing something here?

Pete

Probably a breaker... Interior, engine and GB all look good... There's most of your £5k there... Probably ZMANALEX! :surrender:

Gutted for you Kev. :(

Be interesting to see if feedback is left from a buyer. Just to add a little more to story, the seller is the salvage yard that quoted 7.5k for a repair.

IMHO I think they always intended for it to be written off and by quoting such a high amount for a repair, knowing it would reduce the value of the car to the insurance company.

Scenario - salvage yard tells insurance company it's a complete mess and offers to buy it off them at a very low price, knowing that he'll get more for it due to the minimal damage and low mileage and excellent pre-accident condition etc. Then lists it on eBay in a short term auction (before Cat C or D is confirmed, hence the reason it could still be driven away).

Dirty tactics and very underhand, but nothing technically wrong.

• Like 1

had it for sale at 6500 when mint crashed one day before it sold with I never went throught insurance and kept it only selling due to I want a manual auto great for traffic but losses the feel when having fun just feel gutted seeing her like that also converted to mph at 7500 so lower than the 40000 show and im the second owner and knew the first

If I'm reading this right the op sold it direct to the garage and didn't claim on his insurance? So would it show up on an hpi report?