Anyone got number for Martin @ MW Tech?

docwra

The garage called and said that the connectors on the braided hoses were male ......... and so are the connectors on the original metal pipes on the car. Not looked myself but trust these guys, bottom line is that they arent going to go on without modification of the original brake pipe :(

Dont think its Martins fault by any means but its a bit frustrating :(

Well, from what I could tell (my pipes and bolts are incredibly rusty so...)

The hard line has a nut attached to it, this is male, it goes inside the rubber brake line which is obviously female and then either goes direct into the caliper on the front, or into some kind of block on the rear.

Either way, the brake lines on the car are male one end (caliper end) and female the other, a quick look at my kit at the weekend showed the brake lines in there were female one end and a banjo bolt on the other which should be fine.

I did question it however as the lines have their own bolt, but there is already one on the car...

As I say, my observations may be tripe as there was a lot of rust so couldn't cleanly see how the components went together.

EDIT, then again, doing some searching online, other sites such as this http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/2003_2008_350z/brakes/brake_lines/agency_power/agpw00183347.html show a set of lines that's the same, a nut one and with banjo bolt on the other.

Also, have looked at several websites with regards of how to fit these and they all look the same or very similar to the Zed. in our case, that bracket is in the wheel arch, the braided line would raplace the rubber line shown in this photo and has its own bolt as this shows. It does look however that the hard line, and the rubber line both have bolts on them, I guess the idea being you hold the hard line steady with 1 spanner whilst tightening up the rubber or stainless line with another. The photo isn't a Zed, its a supra, but for the purposes of this its the same set-up.

BBStep5b.jpg

Edited by cs2000

Right, after speaking to Martin and him speaking to HEL, it seems there isnt a problem and the garage just got it wrong. Ive searched on here and linked them up to a couple of threads but if anyone has a decent pic of the "car" end (rather than caliper end) fitted that might help as well :)

Should add Martin came back to me very quickly to get this sorted :)