Recaro EVO seats

Vlad

Are these seats side mounted or bottom mounted? if side mounted then buy buddy club seat mounts. They have zed specific ones and they fit. I have my cobra Suzuka sets mounted on these.

Edited by GT4 Zed

Great seats, I've had a set of these in my CTR, not in the leather though.

Why on Earth you'd want race seats in leather always surprises me.

Being 5'10 and of reasonable athletic build, these would be a little too big for me i'f I was being picky, the older version or the version with the inflatable lumbers would be a better choice for me.

Regards fitment, sorry no idea sorry, just wanted to say about the seats.

I'm just a bit stuck at the moment...don't know what seats to go for lol currently have oem cloth seats...originally wanted to change them to oem leather ones...then really got idea of aftermarket bucket seats with harnesses etc...have ordered half roll cage already...and now in 2 minds again...oem or aftermarket...Will have harnesses as well and oem seats don't have cut outs for them(can run harnesses under head rest, but doesn't look as nice) hence was looking at them Evo ones lol just considering options at the moment lol

Harnesses suck ass on road cars.

Imaging not being able to lean forward at junctions to see whats coming around the corner.

Or, being able to open the glove box, or change the CD.

Leave harnesses to track slag cars IMO.

Harnesses suck ass on road cars.

Imaging not being able to lean forward at junctions to see whats coming around the corner.

Or, being able to open the glove box, or change the CD.

Leave harnesses to track slag cars IMO.

+1

Get some Brides ;)

DSC_3454.jpg

you know it makes sense ;)

• Like 1

vlad I had the same seats in my evo but with different leather/alcantara combo. the seats are well known for breaking inside, there are little plastic tabs that break and put holes in the back of the seat. I got mine fixed but just to make you aware. they are comfy /hugging seats but are not the best build quality. I think proper buckets would suit yours especially with the cusco cage

It's a cusco half cage, ordered from Japan thru Coordsport (company in UK) it's a 4 or 5 point(can't remember now lol) just google "cusco 350z cage" and you see their designs/pictures! Ones I receive mine, ill post pics up!

I have the cusco 7 point cage and its a PITA for any sort of driving. The seatbelt arm things that hold the out dont fit with the cage in place. The sunvisors no longer go down and without a helmet your head will hit it. There is literally no room for padding either. I'm only 5'10 and my head hits it very easily regardless of seating position.

I didnt know cusco do a half cage though.

I think the half cage will still interfere with the seatbelt things. To be honest though without the front section I dont imagine the rear section to do much in the event of an accident or in stiffening the chassis up. The 7 point cage really changes the handling in terms of chassis/body flex.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I changed the colour of mines to red to match the car.

423958_10150649912439259_105250384258_8904523_1947019814_n.jpg

425741_10150649910964259_105250384258_8904518_679932556_n.jpg

I'm also running recaro's but from an accord type R as I cant fit into the high sided brides etc

Yea, I see what you mean! I guess ill find out in few weeks time lol

I payed just under £400 delivered!

And one of the reasons I bought it was to use it as a harness bar with new bucket seats....and love the way they look as well! And also will be taking my to a body shop to get it resprayed :)