Cleaning when you don't have a driveway

Mikesding

Currently live in a flat so have a shared car park - currently I either transport some water to the car park to clean my car (as there is no tap), or go on a trip to the supermarket and use their jet washer and use my own wash/detailing products.

I'm presuming I'm not the only one that doesn't have my own driveway so just wondered what other people do, see if I'm missing a good alternative as I'd love to use snowfoam and properly clean my car more regularly.

Edited by Mikesding

Exactly the same situation! I go to my GF's house and use her driveway. Failing that I will go and jetwash the car at a car wash and then take it home and do the waxing etc in the carpark as it doesn't need water.

It's a proper nause isn't it? There's a battery operated pressure washer reviewed in July's evo, I've been considering it because we live in a flat at the mo - it got a decent review....

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index.php/products/nomad-18-v-cordless/c_1.html

I normally drive to the the jet wash then chuck a bucket of water over the car when I get home, before waxing etc.

same here! i park on the communal grass then can use my own tap :teeth: dont worry its right infront of my flat and no one walks across it ever

That's a good idea.

:lol: i thought it was genius idea to, but you have to have understanding neighbours who dont mind that sort of thing it only takes 1 grump to ruin it all for you!

Same here...loads of 2 bucket trips up and down 2 floors lol found a tap tho in communal garden but it's in someone else's wall(other flat's) so not sure if tap is theirs or for everyone to use...I've used it ones anyway :lol: failing that, mrs's nan lives down the road with a drive or my mum 10-15mins away + nice lunch and dinner :lol:

Edited by Vlad