Question for the mappers, mapped for decats running cats

Arran

Mark, sorry to jump in but its something I'm looking at for next summer, hope you can clarify...

If my car is mapped with decats (for track us only B)) but put the cats on for the one day year I go to the MOT, sorry, track, are you saying theres a risk of engine damage in my 50 mile round trip?

If so I need to rethink things...

Cheers...

Mark, sorry to jump in but its something I'm looking at for next summer, hope you can clarify...

If my car is mapped with decats (for track us only B)) but put the cats on for the one day year I go to the MOT, sorry, track, are you saying theres a risk of engine damage in my 50 mile round trip?

Cheers...

We run more Ignition timing with decats , fitting CATS slows the flow up so therefore you could cause damage. Especially while running flat out , knock control is turned off over 4800 rpm.

I have just put on decats and I'm not mapped. Am I causing any damage by doing so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no you should be okay as the car in stock calibration is tuned very safely.

Cheers...

We run more Ignition timing with decats , fitting CATS slows the flow up so therefore you could cause damage. Especially while running flat out , knock control is turned off over 4800 rpm.

I have just put on decats and I'm not mapped. Am I causing any damage by doing so?

no you should be okay as the car in stock calibration is tuned very safely.

Thanks mark! Is it normal to have a really strong smell from the exhaust?

Thanx again. Yeah I realise I will have higher emissions but I'm just worried about the smoke. I've had cars in the past which I've removed cats on and wasn't as bad as this. Obviously my previous cars weren't as high performance as this

The smoke happened immediately after putting on the decats. But when I was fitting them I did manage to damage one of the flexis on the y pipe. 😱. So I've got a rattle a blow and all this blueish smoke, oh and the smell is unbearable! 😷

Oh dear! Is there anything I can do? I only recently did an oil change. Around 1-2k miles ago. I just checked my oil level and you're right it's halfway between the min and max level. I used Mobil 1 0-40 new life oil. Is that maybe why it's burning so quickly as I usually change the oil every 3-4 months or 3k miles. I know it should be 5w30 oil but which type as there is ford or fe oil and vw or esp oil?

Wee update guys. Put old cats back on and just as mark said, smoke is all but gone. So another question, if I buy HFCs will that be adequate to eliminate the smoke or am I better staying stock cat and just get the gemini system?

Yeah I realise the problem is still there. But the car runs perfect and if I hadn't changed to decats I'd have been unaware completely. I'm going to change the oil again to 15w50 Mobil during this hot weather were having

Yeah I realise the problem is still there. But the car runs perfect and if I hadn't changed to decats I'd have been unaware completely. I'm going to change the oil again to 15w50 Mobil during this hot weather were having

So......a little update. Ordered some Titan pro race s 5w40 oil and a new set of plugs. When changing the plugs I noticed oil on the threads and a little on the tips 😱. So I did a compression test and all 6 cylinders were done to 120 psi 😱😱😱. I wasn't sure if I should leave all plugs In and do one at a time so that's how I did it. Does it sound like the rings have gone? If so how much is it for a rebuild and anyone know of a good garage in scotland that's reliable and not extortionate? It could be the case I'll need to trade her in 😭😭😭