1 piece charge pipe for Vortech Supercharger - Group Buy

Adrian@TORQEN

In the attention of the Vortech SC owners!!

Darren-B, wizard, Sam Mcgoo, evilscorp, Keyser, The Chubby Ninja, OsakaBen, Vlad, anyone else I've missed?

As some of you are aware Wasso tried to build this pipe for a few good months, but was let down by the manufacturer. I finally managed to get a manufacturer in the US that is able to source the pipe in two different versions for us.

v1. 3" all the way with a Samco Sport coupler/reducer to 2.75"

Suitable for people that haven't had the car yet tuned, more volume of air in the AFM, better control of the AFM sensor voltage when tuning. Also suitable for the guys that will soon have their cars retuned going for a smaller / bigger pulley.

Lead time - 3-4 weeks

2013-05-22_20-52-04.jpeg

2013-05-22_19-50-28.jpeg

v2. 3" and stepped down to 2.75" at the end where is goes into the blower

This is suitable for the Vortech owners that just want the single 1 pipe and don't need a re-tune of their car

73A4E757-AC67-4F64-85A8-F042DC5EDF9F-1676-000001EF6E15F7A7_zpsa8acc222.jpg

I will be getting some prices depending on how many of you are interested. The more of us, the cheaper we can get it.

Please state your interest bellow:

1. octet - v1

2. GT4Zed - v1 - unpolished

3. OsakaBen - v1

4. evilscorp - v1 - unpolished

5. Darren-B - v1

6. Keyser - v1 - unpolished - might need a second pipe, details to follow

7. Vlad - v1 - unpolished

8. Sam McGoo - v1 polished

Edited by octet

Well done for the relentless search for someone to make this pipe! This would have saved me eventually tuning the car twice. The V1 is a must have if you are brave to shoot for big numbers with the 3.12/2.87 pulley!!!

Otherwise the V2 is a direct replacement and means less chance of boost leak for having so many joints.

Note that mine should be non-polished as I will powdercoat it black :D

Vlad, few reasons why I decided to get it:

1. Cosmetic - looks nicer in the engine bay instead the three pipes joined by two couplers, lots of clamps, etc:

2013-05-22_20-27-22.jpeg

2. Less chance of leaking boost as it happened to me when the original Vortech clamps came off on boost. Also that caused some problems with the pulley cutting into one of the couplers and clamps.

3. For v1 - more air volume for the AFM, specially for smaller pulleys setup 3.12" and 2.87" when the MAF GT sensor risks to be maxed out on tuning. More details on my build thread.

4. The AFM sensor it's a bit further away from the engine hence keep it a bit more cooler.

Edited by octet

Hmmm I see! Yea, I was planning on going to 3.12 pulley etc etc... Will have to get one...but depending on price ill see if ill get it now, before I even got s/c kit or after! As don't want to spend hundreds of £ before even having main thing lol

Is there enough space for the 3" pipe all the way down to the other pipe? Need to view my engine bay to remind me how cramped it is in there.

Also need to ask Mark at Abbey his thoughts on how well this will work for me with bits I might buy; (3.12 pulley and ati fluid dampener crank pulley)

Is there enough space for the 3" pipe all the way down to the other pipe? Need to view my engine bay to remind me how cramped it is in there.

Also need to ask Mark at Abbey his thoughts on how well this will work for me with bits I might buy; (3.12 pulley and ati fluid dampener crank pulley)

Yes, it will fit. It is already on use on other cars in the US.

Are you not going for this? http://www.buyimportperformance.com/Fluidampr_Nissan_VQ35_350Z_V6_p/640901.htm

Yes, it will fit. It is already on use on other cars in the US.

Are you not going for this? http://www.buyimport...V6_p/640901.htm

I keep looking for dia on pulleys and I thought the ati was 6.125 but think I am wrong.

The one you posted looks good but would over spin my blower :dry: need to find the best combo.

The V1 unpolished for me (definite maybe)

I'll know on the other one at the end of the week so thats very much a maybe at the moment - will let you know when I do :thumbs: