Twin cab which one ?

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Short list is:

Mitsubishi Warrior

Nissan Navaro

Toyota Hi Lux

Budget is £8000+vat

I've not driven any yet, I doubt I will be blown away by the ride quality but I need a work horse and would rather one of these than a van.

Anyone with experiences good or bad I would love to hear from you.

Chris

Old mans had two Navara's. Both have been faultless, we both love them. Great at everything they're supposed to do.

Mates had a couple of Hi Lux's of which both the gearboxes blew up.

Can't really comment on L200 but can't see past the Navara tbh.

I've got a 60 reg Hilux and it's been faultless, get 28mpg regardless of whether I thrash it or not, very happy with it (and it was cheaper than the Nissan, too)

And then there's the Top Gear Hilux . . . though I'm not planning on blowing up a high rise block just yet

Ive been looking at Ford F150 Harley Davidson supercharged trucks today

Must resist !!

No dont go there. My mate has one and the **** taking takes on a new meaning when he enters the room...that and the 9mpg!!!! He also has a 'STANG......and is 5 ft f**k all......the word substitute pops up many times during his slaggings.

Ive been looking at Ford F150 Harley Davidson supercharged trucks today

Must resist !!

No dont go there. My mate has one and the **** taking takes on a new meaning when he enters the room...that and the 9mpg!!!! He also has a 'STANG......and is 5 ft f**k all......the word substitute pops up many times during his slaggings.

Serious ?

I dont need a penis extension lol, the 9mpg per gallons not attractive but I do love them

They do sound great...and if your human sized then you can get away with driving one. Mind you, you'll need a chequered work shirt.

Seriously, the guy who owns one rates it a lot....drive it more than his Mustang. The only prob he has is the shear size of the bugger....not exactly a city car.

Its just my mate could pass for a Leprechaun, or as an extra help for Charlie n the Coco Factory.....so hence the **** take.

Wife has the Pathfinder....is like a tonka toy next to the F150.

The new V6 Navara is meant to be good.....only thing lacking in the old Navara/Pathfinder was a bit more grunt.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Ok so I took a 2009 Navara Platinum out today.

This won't be an in depth Ekona style review I'm afraid :lol:

Exterior - Black &chrome, side steps, roof rack, Manly enough, like it

Ride - drives pretty much like a car, very pleasant

Power - not too shabby, was expecting the big lump to be a lot more sluggish but for a big gal she shifts ok

Interior - heated seats, full leather, cruse control, 6 cd changer, leccy windows and sunroof. For a commercial vehicle you can't fault it.

All in all pleasantly surprised, it will be hard to beat in the price bracket

Edited by Tarmac