double din head unit

gringo

I could really use your input with this! I'm not really up on head units etc, so advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to spend more than £250 and I'm not looking for an all singing dancing one. What I would like is as much screen as possible (touchscreen), Radio and be able to stream music and maybe video from my phone. Not too fussed about satnav as I'll be mounting my phone in the cubby box to do this.

Edited by gringo

This is the newer version of the JVC head unit I had in my zed and it was really good so this one should be decent -

http://www.amazon.co...1/dp/B008B6FYGA

or you could buy it direct from the company selling it on Amazon for £40 more!

http://www.caraudioc...sx1_p-27469.htm

Hi Tom, how exactly do you fit that to the Zed? Is it a pretty standard fit and easy to do? Or something a person with no experience should hire someone to do?

Yeah it fit fine, bit of a pain trying to figure out if it needed a bracket or not but I did it in the dining room after taking the centre console out of the car. The biggest issue is cables as I had to buy 3 different JVC adaptors for steering wheel controls, companies kept saying they would work and then they bloody didn't! If you take it to a car audio shop they'll charge about £30-40 I think so depends how precious your time is.

Even the audio shops had trouble with the cables as I think JVC released a new set of head units but failed to tell anyone the steering wheel adaptors wouldn't work, should be fine now though I think.

Edited by TomS

• 3 weeks later...

I have app radio (not that one but similar), didn't want to play with my iPhone 5 or iPad 3, but that's not why I bought it so not too fussed. It still streams bluetooth nicely for tunes and apple maps, and I've got a powered cable from it stashed in the cubby, nice 'n' easy for a fast charge on the move. Even the pro I used messed up the cable and steering controls, but at least it was on his dollar.

GL