square number plates

nixy

I'm going to need to order a square plate for the back of the Z and will be having a uk style one on the front. My reg is N11 XYD and that is how I have it on the CTR. I had originally got plates with it spaced as N11XY D but felt self conscious and changed it to correct spacing. I'm thinking with the Z i might chance it with the spacing on the front but I'm not sure how to space it on the back square one or what will fit. Is it ok to have different plates with different spacing front and back?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any change to the way the registration plate is spaced according to the DVLA rules is illegal and could eventually end up with a £1000 fine and even the plate being taken off you.

In the end it's up to you nixy

By law no unfortunatly.. But I have similar spacing, my numberplate is legally T3 XTJ But I have the spacing set T3XT J Nobody really says anything on it and if they do its a 30 quid fine, but to be honest I think police have better things to do than to mess about with a ruler on spacing.

You can have square on back and normal at front, If you make the square at the back different spacing than at the front you are more likely to be noticed as incorrect spacing. Id do the spacing the same front and back with it done to your liking that way you stand better chance of not getting caught. And if you are its a slap on the wrist and small fine. Just have spares in the Boot of correct spacing and you might not get fined, just say you have not changed over yet :thumbs:

Its a 1000 pounds fine if you are continuously caught and told and recorded on regular basis to change over :blush:

don't think I can actually fit it on the back plate how I want it so will probably have to go for the correct spacing. What can you fit on the square plate?

Where there is a wheel there is a way,

http://www.ezplates.co.uk/

Give Paul a call he ownes this place tell him you were talking with Jay from Blitz thats me and he will customize it to however you want it and will make it fit :thumbs:

contacted the guy recommended - he got straight back to me. Wants to know the dimensions of the gap for the square plate - can anyone tell me what size it is or what size plate I need?

contacted the guy recommended - he got straight back to me. Wants to know the dimensions of the gap for the square plate - can anyone tell me what size it is or what size plate I need?

You can play around with the size of the plate within reason. As the law states that if the indenattion is smaller than the standard UK spec size numberplate then you are llowed to readjust sizing to fit and I think Jap model are smaller size which is great.

Not sure what size it is though :blush:

any change to the way the registration plate is spaced according to the DVLA rules is illegal and could eventually end up with a £1000 fine and even the plate being taken off you.

In the end it's up to you nixy

That may be the letter of the law but its never enforced in that way. I have been stopped in both my zeds 4 times and never has the number plate been mentioned :thumbs:

Only traffic police can actually enforce that I believe. I'm not condoning it but you should have the facts. I'd crack on and get it the way you want! I got done for it once and didn't even get a fine!

330 x 178 mm

I ordered mine from Demon Plates http://www.demonplates.com/

They have a range of import size options in their plate builder section, and were quick to deliver at a reasonable price.

I have been stopped 3 times (in three weeks) recently for having "smaller letters/numbers" on the back of my JDM... this is because I wanted my private pate to read in one line so reduced the size of the figures (maybe got a little carried away with it!)

Apparently they have had to crack down of "illegal" number plates because traffic cameras don't pick them up.

The last time I was stopped I was doing 65mph on the motorway (for once) and was overtaken by a merc doing about 90mph, but obviously posed a greater or easier target/risk to the patrolman who was just pulling off the hard shoulder at the time. Not that I'm bitter about having a 10 minute lecture on number plates and traffic camera's!

I have changed the plates back to normal now as its too much hassle....

I'm not going to have anything too dodgy but I have the advantage over you lot that I can play dumb and just say it was all arranged by my other half and I didn't realise officer. Playing dumb will be difficult but I'm sure I'll manage!

Thanks for the measurements!

I'm not going to have anything too dodgy but I have the advantage over you lot that I can play dumb and just say it was all arranged by my other half and I didn't realise officer. Playing dumb will be difficult but I'm sure I'll manage!

Thanks for the measurements!

But arent you naturally blond? :p

330 x 178 mm

They have a range of import size options in their plate builder section, and were quick to deliver at a reasonable price.

Just coming back to this subject - I'm about to order my rear plate but 330 x 178mm when I look at it on a ruler looks massive for a square one or is it just me?

330 x 178 mm

Just coming back to this subject - I'm about to order my rear plate but 330 x 178mm when I look at it on a ruler looks massive for a square one or is it just me?

Depends how tall are you? :p;)

Where you ordering from?

from your mate - but he needs the dimensions. Just looked at Demon plates and as Jim says there is an option for that size on there so maybe it's just me but it looks huge! That's longer than A4.

does seem a bit big but Paul is pretty good and will tell you if it seems oversized, tell him I had to resend his parcel to him again and tell him to sort you out a discount lol, Im sure he would do a discount for this website as he is a top geeza :thumbs:B)