Invidia Gemini

AJRFulton

Just installed one of these.

I was somebody whom doesn't want to change the look of the car all that much nor wants something that sounds over the top or droney on a long drive.

Sound wise, it's a subtle but very noticable difference, and sounds like what, IMO, the car should of done direct from the factory. It's not a loud roar, indeed the volume increase is only slight perhaps 10-20%, but it offers a deeper note that lets you know this isn't a large family saloon, but a proper sports car.

Looks wise, I opted for rolled stainless steel tips, and tbh, you'd need to have a keen eye to notice that they were much different from the original tips. They perhaps stick out 10mm further than the originals, but other than that, look very similar.

To somebody who knew a bit about cars, but didn't know much about Z cars, I would say they could easily be fooled into thinking that was the original exhaust for the car.

Overall delighted with the results of this. Met the requirements I had for the exhaust, and I'd highly recommend this system for somebody looking for a more 'mature' system, that doesn't draw attention yet makes the car sound what it should of sounded like when it rolled off the production line.

Was intending to take some better pictures with the DSLR but the weather has been terrible this weekend, so phone photos suffice.

post-18463-0-16741100-1367791456_thumb.jpg

post-18463-0-09938200-1367791466_thumb.jpg

Edited by Badgeronimous

Looks good. Much as I love my Stillen for sound, I do sometimes wish I'd gone for a slightly more standard looking exhaust as I also prefer the car to retain its original look.

(This post was made when I had my previous Z - I've gone for a Stillen again as it looks similar on the Nismo to the stock Nismo system).

Edited by sipar69

• 11 months later...

Sounds like (excuse the pun) what I'm after too, can I ask how much and where from and any noticeable change in power or tourqe?

Paul

Contact Tarmac for one, he's who I got my one from.

Any power/torque will be non-noticeable.

I even asked Mark at Abbey Motorsport whether my UpRev needed updating due to the exhaust change and he said if I was only changing from cats back then I wouldn't require an update to the remap.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Chaps, I have some Berk HFC's on the way and was wondering the impact I these combined with an Invidia Gemini.

From videos under load these are what I believe I will love, however what about cold starts and sub 3000 revs for normal driving? Is there a noticable sound difference and will it draw attention when I don't want it?

I have berks with invidia as I mentioned earlier.

Just lovely sound over 3500rpm roars nicely

You would not regret putting berks

Thanks - below 3500 is it quite tame? How are cold starts?

I have the Berks but no invidia.... Yet.