CHAMOIS LEATHER FOR DRYING OFF ???

JEMAN

out for interest with all these different towels do you all just lay the towel on part of a panel let it soak up the water then remove. as the car gets nearly done do you ever rub the towel along the paint work?

i use a dodo juice microfibre drying towel, just make sure you wash it before you use it, i didn't and it could have dried it better with my bare hand the first use and it left fluff everywhere, but since its been washed its been amazing, and leaves my car looking polished even though it hasn't been

+1 to using this, they do 2 sizes i think, the one i have is about half the size of the roof, makes drying very easy.

Used these since the beginning of my ZED ownership days (all learnt from this forum) to remove all the excess water first

http://www.i4detaili...ng_Towel_1.html

and then a Mequires water magnet or similar microfibre for final drying.

Just machine wash both regularly but do not use fabric conditioners and they last years ;)

+1, the i4d uber yellow is excellent.

As with Fluke i bought a Meguiars water magnet towel with a slight waffle finish to it. It cost £12-99 and i swear by it. Chamois' seem to absorb bits of grit and dust the older they get and these Meguiars water drying towels are machine washable so you wash any grit out of them when you wash them. And as it says on the packet they're made of a 'no scratch design, i'd nrver use one of those wiper blade type things as you're asking for trouble.