Just had a test drive in the next car !!

lomoto

Tim, I've often thought about a Maz but I'm unsure :unsure: I just can't get over the thought that chicks look better in them.

:sorry: mate. It's just that I reckon some cars really do fit chicks better - the MX5, Z3, Z4, TT, Boxster, Golf.... Maserati.

Love the Maser. This is the Gran Sport version too. I test drove one before I sold the Zed. The engine is a peach and sounds superb. Ferrari supplied too.

They do depreciate fast though and the SMG wears clutches out at a rate of one per 15,000 if you drive them carefully. Cost £1.5k + to change too... :scare:

How much are these, is that you in the car?

£75k new down to £50k with 1500 miles on the clock, yep thats me, ugly Huh?

I really like the car, you look like a younger version of Sean Connery :teeth:

My names Lomoto... James Lomoto... :D

Love the Maser. This is the Gran Sport version too. I test drove one before I sold the Zed. The engine is a peach and sounds superb. Ferrari supplied too.

They do depreciate fast hough and the SMG wears clutches out at a rate of one per 15,000 if you drive them carefully. Cost £1.5k + to change too... :scare:

will be a good buy when they reach £20K mark , which wont be long at this rate ;)

They do depreciate fast hough and the SMG wears clutches out at a rate of one per 15,000 if you drive them carefully. Cost £1.5k + to change too... :scare:

will be a good buy when they reach £20K mark , which wont be long at this rate ;)

You won't get a good 3200GT for that price. They seem to drop to about £35k - £40k after about 3 years. I certainly would pay too much for one now the new Gran Turismo has been announced.

Lovely car and I just don't see it as a bird's car in a million years (sorry Jonathan, the girls must be pretty masculine round your way ;) ).

Funnily enough I've just been listening to the Gran Sport that parks behind my office (sun shining, windows wide open :sun: ) and I'm sorry to say the sound beats any Zed I've ever heard hands down. The guy likes to rev it a bit when he's parking and I'm not complaining! B)

I don't fancy buying an old, out of warranty Maser though, Tim! :scare: There have been some real horror stories about 3200GTs and anything that does go wrong will cost a mint to fix.

A nice dream but that's about it for me. :D

The 3200gt uses a Maserati twin turbo V8 and was very inreliable. When they were put under the control of Ferrari, the latest generation 4.2 V8 engine was fitted and it's very reliable. It also benefits from a chain driven set of cams, so no expensive cam belt swaps aka Ferraris.

Everything else on the car is pretty reliable, for an Italian car that is...:lol:

The Gran Sport has a sports exhaust so even nicer V8 sound.. :thumbs:

For that money, id have a Segaris anyday!

.....the only thing less reliable than an old Maser! ;):p

Probably easier to fix though.......

Unlikely with a TVR, especially the engine which usually needs rebuilding every 15k miles or so.

Unlikely with a TVR, especially the engine which usually needs rebuilding every 15k miles or so.

Yes but there's plenty of people rebuilding TVR engines in this country and the best are doing 2 year unlimited mileage warranties. Do you know anyone who'll do that if a Maser goes pop (and they have :surrender: ).

But people also forget that TVRs are not designed as an Everyday car and the majority of people that have problems are using them everyday. That and they do not look after them properly and let it warm up before giving it beans. I am generalising here but if you look after a car, it tends to be ok.

Yes but there's plenty of people rebuilding TVR engines in this country and the best are doing 2 year unlimited mileage warranties. Do you know anyone who'll do that if a Maser goes pop (and they have :surrender: ).

Or at a cost of £8k a go to rebuild it. Mate has one and has had enough of it after about 7 months, only done 10k from new and needing a rebuild. I think not, poor show. :thumbdown:

I think the Maser looks stunning, and I'm not sure about the comments about it being a ladies car. If a girl was driving one, you'd think respect! If you were driving one, girls DO look at these things. In the flesh (as it were!) they look and sound stunning. What else is there to step up into from a Zed?? Porsche, Maser, then into other Italian exotica......