juddering gearknob

Yarlsberg

Is it making a rattling noise? Mine has the same issue (hence why I am looking for a new alezan gear knob). With mine, just sounds like a washer is loose somewhere in the gear knob....

No the oil would be fine although its never a bad idea to change it.

The Zeds gears tick does vibrate quite a bit as it is, is it possible that you never really noticed it and after having work done to the car you're more critical and looking for faults? I know I tend to do this after a service and usually find something I never noticed before.

would the gearbox or rear transmission oil need checking at 36K? thanks

No and really unless indicated by service schedule or performance is a waste of time and money. Are you sure the juddering isn't just the usual 'tingling' of the zed gear stick? What year is the car?

Thanks, Its actually just cos I had the gearknob changed- so probably with the new one I can hear the washer vibrating inside the gearknob, that's all.

My mechanic asked me to check whether Gearbox and rear axle oil level are to be checked at 36k as he'd need to get it up on a level to properly check

Is it making a rattling noise? Mine has the same issue (hence why I am looking for a new alezan gear knob). With mine, just sounds like a washer is loose somewhere in the gear knob....

The OEM Gearknob comes with a 1 cm sleeve that sits on the base of the thread of the lever.

When you tighten down the OEM gear knob it seats properly and does not rattle.

You take it off for aftermarket ones.

Undo your knob and have a look to see if this small sleeve is missing.

But look inside the gearknob as it may be stuck inside.

If so get it out with a small screwdriver and replace it over the lever.

If the whole in the sleeve is damaged so it wont sit properly then this will also

cause a rattle.