clutch squeek

The Chubby Ninja

hi everyone, im having a slight problem with the clutch. when pressing the pedal in and out theres a loud squeak/creek. It doesn't sound like its inside the clutch and its not in the cabin. is there anywhere I can put oil or grease on to stop this? ive tried searching but cant come up with anything. any help would be appreciated cheers. Steve

Had the same problem after fitting my carbon bonnet with vents, the water runs down the engine,gearbox and removes the grease from the clutch cylinder. Cars after 05? Have it built inside the bell housing or something but older cars like mine is visible from under the car and easy enough to grease. At work so cant upload a pic but if you need more info I will help you out later with one.

Yep white greaseis the best as WD40 etc only lasts a few days at best.

You need to position youself with your head down by the pedals facing up with a torch and you are looking for the spring on the clutch pedal, give it a nice soaking once a week for a month and you will be amazed how nice and smooth the clutch travel is and how quiet it is :cloud9:

Had the same problem after fitting my carbon bonnet with vents, the water runs down the engine,gearbox and removes the grease from the clutch cylinder. Cars after 05? Have it built inside the bell housing or something but older cars like mine is visible from under the car and easy enough to grease. At work so cant upload a pic but if you need more info I will help you out later with one.

if you could upload a photo this would be great! as mine was a sound which was not related to the pedal or spring

a sound which could be heard from inside and more so outside