How much for a full respray?

stevie_350z

I was wondering how much it would cost, and if its possible (yes, I know I'm useless) to have my kuro completely resprayed...

1) Black

2) Some really fancy stylee

I know its a few hundred to have the bumper / bonnet done, but what about wings, doors, rear bumper, boot lid, roof, etc?

Anyone have a clue?

mine is getting a full change of colour respray at the moment with all parts removed (windows, trims, lights etc.) and the guy is doing it for £2300 - which i believe to be very reasonable for this quality of job, it could be done cheaper going with the same colour and just masking the windows etc up but in my opinion would devalue the car a bit more and leave some very crappy edges, just my thoughts.

go for something unusual and stand out from the crowd !! :thumbs:

Between £1000 (very poor job) and £3000 for a proper job. WHen i got a quote for the Vette to be resprayed white again, i was quoted £2000 for a full respray which included taking panels off etc... so id say around that.

What colour are you thinking? You have to live up to the ASW name dude :teeth:

bwahahahaHAHHA @ ChopTop

Yeah, I like the brick top... but I'm thinking more fruity than that ;)

And a bit less girlie :yahoo:

Some of us are more "in touch" with our feminine side :lol:

What about Dyno-Rod green? :scare:

Seriously, what is the reason for the paint spray? A necessity due to our wonderful water based paint or because you fancied a change?

I suppose my attention seeking whore cravings are getting the better of me.

I do like the Kuro, but my head always turns when I see TVR green/purple loveliness and I fancy something equally eye-boggling. But it has to be a proper job...

edit: but I'm only checking out prices for now, and how to get colours etc, as I would only do this if I choose to keep the Z...

Guest prescience
mine is getting a full change of colour respray at the moment with all parts removed (windows, trims, lights etc.) and the guy is doing it for £2300 - which i believe to be very reasonable for this quality of job, it could be done cheaper going with the same colour and just masking the windows etc up but in my opinion would devalue the car a bit more and leave some very crappy edges, just my thoughts.

go for something unusual and stand out from the crowd !! :thumbs:

Did you have the engine out and a full engine bay respray - I would say that was essential come re-sale time?

I don't think an engine bay respray is essential when it comes to resale. As long as its neat and tidy. On this one it will all be black then it won't cause any problems. Its not as if you are going to be hiding that its had a respray with it being a non-factory colour. I doubt someone is going to pay the £500+ extra when buying it that it would cost to fully do the engine bay properly

Guest prescience
I don't think an engine bay respray is essential when it comes to resale. As long as its neat and tidy. On this one it will all be black then it won't cause any problems. Its not as if you are going to be hiding that its had a respray with it being a non-factory colour. I doubt someone is going to pay the £500+ extra when buying it that it would cost to fully do the engine bay properly

Perhaps not, but I wouldn't buy without it being done 'properly' (as I would regard it) which would include boot/hatch interior etc - anywhere that could reasonably be regarded as visible. That's simply my view :)

i did go to the extent of engine out as mine was black, every other panel, check and glass was removed - will take some pics of the engine bay when i get a chance to clean it :thumbs:

wow :scare:

Thats not some half-a**ed job you had done there B)