TLM 350z Donington (Test for Race)

MrLizard

Hi All, its been an exciting start to the year for us, Abbey have been hard at work on the car, some new bits include:New Front BumperNew Front SplitterSyvecs ECUGPS for DashTyresBrake DuctsMark has been making sure the new ECU is working for us with adjustable traction control, not required in the dry but its even clever enough that it can increase the TC as the tyres degrade/time lapsed etc554821_10152754173895361_1393127133_n_zps3bf417e0.jpgWe are racing at Donington tomorrow (Sunday 28th April) and we tested yesterday, report below:Friday 7amRock up at the 'track' day as there was no 'test' day for Friday, Bookatrack did an excellent job though I would say it was 90% race cars and 10% other! The GT Cup is also racing on Sunday so there was a lot of Ferrari's mainly 458's and a few M3 GTR's etc...Car is prepped and ready for 8am, track opens and Mark takes the car out to make sure everything is ok with the new ECU...Whilst im on the pit wall he flies past and between gear changes the car pops and bangs and a flame jumps out of the exhaust...! Straight back in and it turns out the ECU needs a bit of adjustment as we have altered the size of the rear wheels, Mark plugs the car straight into his laptop makes a change and I jump in to have a go524816_10152754172070361_476505245_n_zpsfa8a1c54.jpg5 Red flags in a row! The first of which caused by an Aston Challenge Cup car spinning right in front of me, one of those moments where to miss him I had to aim at him, £190k aston.... that woke me upFinally get an opportunity to get some laps in and the car feels good, im loving the track but not really got my lines/braking points right yet, no abs and no TC, the grip abbey have managed to oik out of the car is phenomenal considering its on semi slicks this time and not slicks, however the car is suffering from pad knock due to the cornering force so im left foot braking before the brake points to get the pads next to the discs for the braking point, im also heel and toeing as the cars rear end isn't liking the imbalance on this quick track going from 5th to 4th gear...391064_10152754171955361_951801294_n_zps5e6f3c08.jpgWe didn't time ourselves whilst we were out but we have since looked at the data and it turns out Mark is about 1.8 seconds quicker than I, fortunately as Mark has raced and tested here before he is able to give me some good advice, I desperately want to put into pactice what the data is telling us, we can see the difference in RPM/time/speed/Gforce between me and mark on every part of the track, hopefully I will be able to solve some of the issues tomorrow but the car is quicker than I am at Donington (for now!).Race wise we are thinking Mark will do the larger part of Qually (we both have to do min 3 laps) and I will start the race handing the car with hot tyres and less fuel to Mark somewhere near half way through. There was a point where Mark couldn't find the door:68530_10152754198555361_1799479306_n_zps8d6e2b77.jpgFingers crossed for a repeat of Brands last year.Thanks to our sponsors Rev Marketing - www.revmarketing.co.ukand of course Abbey Motorsport - www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk

Edited by MrLizard
  • Like 1

Nice work guys! Still yet to come a see you race Steve but hopefully this year I must. Look after the car guys as that ECU is coming to me on Monday! Hope you get a class podium :D

Bennett , we was running Syvecs not the stock ECU for the race.

Will get the ECU sent tomorrow. Once you have paid the deposit.