Road Tax

Aiuchi-Gary

I have just seen the following Trader add for a Z & can't understand why the one they are selling would be cheeper than the £470 I will need to pay in 1 months time! The only difference is mine is an Auto JDM with less milege!! Anyone have any ideas why?

Year/Reg: 2005 (55) Mileage: 80,000 Engine size: 3.5L Fuel type: Petrol Gearbox: Manual Body style: Coupe Colour: Silver

3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 80,000 miles, Metallic Silver. LOVELY CAR WITH GOOD SPEC. CHEAPER RATE OF TAX 270 PER YEAR/148 FOR 6 MONTHS.

Other bad thing though is if you import an older car pre 2006 now it will be on higher tax bracket as someone brought one as has to fork out full price but with out the better spec

Edited by KC350Z

What date in 2006 was yours registered? I'm sure the higher date was around 31/03/2006 so wouldn't your car have been registered before this? I remembering SVA'ing a Subaru Impreza WRX (made around 1999'sh year) for a customer and when he registered it he found it had been placed in the higher bracket due to the fact it was SVA registered and therefore classed as a 'new car'. This was a few years ago i admit but he got it back into the lower bracket using a copy of the Japanese De-registration certificate proving the car was first used/registered in 1999 not 2006. This may well be worth a look into as it'll save you a couple of hundred ££££ a year :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Guys.

Just checked the paper work on my car & the only thing of use (which won't help me) is the mileage verification, which says; 16-06-06, Del Mileage, New. So I guess I will be paying the higher rate :excl::thumbdown:

Thanks for the info Guys.

Just checked the paper work on my car & the only thing of use (which won't help me) is the mileage verification, which says; 16-06-06, Del Mileage, New. So I guess I will be paying the higher rate :excl::thumbdown:

If your car is a 55 plate 2006 car it'll be first registered / used in Japan before the 01/03/2006 hence it's a 55 plate not an 06 plate. This should almost certainly bring you into a mid bracket as the tax bracket Rose slightly in around 2004/05 then massively increased after 31/03/2006.

You need to try and get some proof of this from Japan possibly via Nissan? It may take a day or so but it'll be a nice saving not to mention a good selling point! The DVLA should also still have a record of the Japanese deregistration document stating the exact date of first use :-)

Dave.

Will have been registered as a PLG so you get cheaper tax ;)

Hmm, did a random check on a 350Z Import, listed as Petrol but lower tax :shrug: .

You can check registration date at https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s1

Date of Liability 01 11 2013 Date of First Registration 01 09 2003 Year of Manufacture 2003 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3500cc CO2 Emissions 0g/Km Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Licence Not Due Vehicle Colour RED Vehicle Type Approval M1 Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £123.75 12 Months Rate £225.00
Edited by JetSet

Thanks Dave, I will get on to it A.S.A.P; well worth spending some time to investigate.

It is an 06 plate but well worth checking it out, as I have some friends in Japan I might enlist them to help.

Gary

Ah i thought i'd read it was a 55 plate so you may have gone past the cut off date :wacko: Do a lttle research though as it may pay off :D

Dave.

Will have been registered as a PLG so you get cheaper tax ;)

Hmm, did a random check on a 350Z Import, listed as Petrol but lower tax :shrug: .

You can check registration date at https://www.taxdisc....?execution=e1s1

Date of Liability 01 11 2013 Date of First Registration 01 09 2003 Year of Manufacture 2003 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3500cc CO2 Emissions 0g/Km Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Licence Not Due Vehicle Colour RED Vehicle Type Approval M1 Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £123.75 12 Months Rate £225.00

Mine says the following

Date of Liability 01 06 2013 Date of First Registration 01 06 2006 Year of Manufacture 2006 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3499cc CO2 Emissions 287g/Km Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire Vehicle Colour SILVER Vehicle Type Approval M1

Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £269.50 12 Months Rate £490.00

I will see if I can get some info on it from Japan but I guess I'm stuck with the higher rate (for the moment) but I think it's still worth it :)

If it's the 1st June 2006 it's over by a couple of months...............i'd still try for the Jap info though as that's a lot of tax money and i know some dealers would exagerate the date of first registration a few years ago to 'up' a cars age in the interest of profit and it'd work providing the DVLA staff didn't notice ;)