I didn't realise TopGear hated the Z so much!

nixy

While I've been languishing around the house with my bad knee I have resorted to watching old re-runs of TG on sky. (Also I have to say that I will NEVER get a loan from Picture and if I ever find Josh's scooter I'll ram it down his throat!) Anyway, I saw the episode with the review of the Z when it first came out, they had a 2002 model from America. Clarkson basically called it a pig! He hated it. I have never ever heard him slate a car as much as he did that one. He said it was designed by americans in america with a french engine. He didn't even take it for a proper spin! Then yesterday they were looking at the soft top - he hated that too! Mind you the hamster liked it and we all know he knows best! :thumbs:

JC's a dick who doesnt know squat except how to get publicity; better to watch Tiff Neddle (pro touring car driver etc) on 5th gear who loves it, or EVO magazine for the last few years who always put it up there as one of the best track cars out there. :teeth:

Although Clarkson, it has to be said, is a top class tv presenter and journalist, he is, at the end of the day a muppet and a badge snob of the highest order. He couldn't spot a good car if it jumped up and bit him on the arse.

Didn't TG vote it car of the year at one point?

That 02 car would of been a crap test car. JC of course tries to find fault with all cars except the ones he wants himself. Judging the Z on practicality and storage is like judging a micra on performance.

The convertible they tested was again a pointless test. JC drove the TT, which he always does, with the DSG box which again he always has. Again this is a pointless comparison. A stock TT (old shape) is both ugly and performance wise crap. The DSG box changes it into a different car altogether. Of course the DSG box is an option that costs thousands.

The Z IMO is like a muscle car of old and not much else. Great fun.

Guy

Didn't TG vote it car of the year at one point?

That 02 car would of been a crap test car. JC of course tries to find fault with all cars except the ones he wants himself. Judging the Z on practicality and storage is like judging a micra on performance.

The convertible they tested was again a pointless test. JC drove the TT, which he always does, with the DSG box which again he always has. Again this is a pointless comparison. A stock TT (old shape) is both ugly and performance wise crap. The DSG box changes it into a different car altogether. Of course the DSG box is an option that costs thousands.

The Z IMO is like a muscle car of old and not much else. Great fun

Guy

Clarkson ended up changing his mind afterwards and said that it has the best residuals and is excellent car for its value... check out top gear website.. he contradicts alot. Sometimes he works on what he thinks people want to hear..... But he does in fact rate the 350z later on.

Exactly that, they did the same with the MG Xpower SV. THey got in the prototype model which was not finished and slated it for, well, not being finished!

The DSG box changes it into a different car altogether. Of course the DSG box is an option that costs thousands.

I have to say I have never been so bored as I was when Audi lent me the old shape 3.2 TT w/DSG. It was utterly rubbish. I was expecting quick up and down shifts, but when I put my foot down I had time to make a cup of tea, watch one of the LoTR films, make love to the wife and write an essay on existentialism before it changed gear. Worst piece of kit ever. Buy a manual or by an auto but don't buy anything with DSG fitted.

If i hear of anyone on here going from a 350z to a TT, i will personally cut off their balls, hit them round the head with them then run them over in the TT!

DONT BE A GIRL! (in no way am i being discriminative to women)

There was another TG episode where they tested 3 convertibles in a quarry - 350Z, TT and S2000. Hamster loved the 350Z. Clarkson himself said it was the most fun, although you needed nerves of steel. Bear in mind ESP off and in a quarry. :scare:

to be fair I think Nissan did feck up by giving JC a JDM car that wasn't ready for the UK and for Nissan then to try and get out of the hole by explaining that the interior and suspension would be changed for the UK market.

He is there to judge the car, Nissan should of given him the final example and not a half way one.

The DSG box changes it into a different car altogether. Of course the DSG box is an option that costs thousands.

I have to say I have never been so bored as I was when Audi lent me the old shape 3.2 TT w/DSG. It was utterly rubbish. I was expecting quick up and down shifts, but when I put my foot down I had time to make a cup of tea, watch one of the LoTR films, make love to the wife and write an essay on existentialism before it changed gear. Worst piece of kit ever. Buy a manual or by an auto but don't buy anything with DSG fitted.

I note that tea and hobbits come before shagging in your book, Billy! ;):p

to be fair I think Nissan did feck up by giving JC a JDM car that wasn't ready for the UK and for Nissan then to try and get out of the hole by explaining that the interior and suspension would be changed for the UK market.

He is there to judge the car, Nissan should of given him the final example and not a half way one.

I heard from a guy at work who was involved with the press launch, that TG requested a zed from NMGB before the European model had been signed off. When NMGB told them that they would have to wait for a UK car, TG responded that they would source their own JDM in that case.

Rather than risk TG evaluating a car that NMGB had not cast their eye over (for various build concerns etc.), they reluctantly accepted to lend them their own JDM production level zed.

I must admit, when I saw the evaluation on tv, I wanted to kick JC's head in! Renault engine, my arse! I'm sure he says these things to get a rise! Needless to say TG's relationship with NMGB isn't very good so why should they say nice things about good cars when he can have a childish dig instead!

I note that tea and hobbits come before shagging in your book, Billy! ;):p

you've never met my wife :scare:

LOL! Couldn't agree more! Did my head in. :thumbdown:

If i hear of anyone on here going from a 350z to a TT, i will personally cut off their balls, hit them round the head with them then run them over in the TT!

What about those who came from a TT to a 350z wheres my reward lol ;)

the reward is the car they are driving! ;)

the reward is the car they are driving! ;)

Lame :thumbdown: Mind you at least I get to keep my balls ;)

Took out a new 3.2 Quatro TT the other day. Why..................because I could! What a boring car! Well finished, but no roar from the back end. Ideal for your Granny................no wait a minute, not for £35k. Go with the Honda Jazz Grandma! :yahoo: