Dirty stinking bass, Under Strut Box Complete

Patch

no because the manufacturer specs include the speaker displacement.

With the added spacer ring I have increased the volume, do will blank it off and fill with water again, anything over 0.75 cubic ft I can claim back with internal blocks.

Edited by Patch

Tweaked the design a bit and managed to get the sub to fit with out the stupid spacer ring ;)

20130511_134139_zps950af0e7.jpg

20130511_134152_zpsb21abfae.jpg

Looks like it very close the brace at the top, but it has around 5mm gap and could be lowered a couple of mm too.

I knocked up a rear facing version too, this again lets the sub sit correctly with no spacer(zenclosures cant).

20130511_142327_zps112f9f85.jpg

20130511_142423_zps77d8c9b7.jpg

My current collection lol

20130511_143553_zps98bc242f.jpg

And the monster sub that these boxes are designed around.

http://uk.jbl.com/product-detail-gto/gto1014.html

• Like 1

Very impressive Patch, looks fantastic. :thumbs:

Something I've found with the boot dividers I've made (and many, many apologies if you've already considered this and if I'm stating the obvious), but the acoustic carpet covering can add a fair few mm to the overall dimensions of whatever you're covering. Your box looks a perfect fit uncovered, it might be a bit of a tight squeeze once you put the acoustic carpet on.

Again, apologies if this is something you're already taken into account mate. :)

Something I've found with the boot dividers I've made (and many, many apologies if you've already considered this and if I'm stating the obvious), but the acoustic carpet covering can add a fair few mm to the overall dimensions of whatever you're covering. Your box looks a perfect fit uncovered, it might be a bit of a tight squeeze once you put the acoustic carpet on.

Again, apologies if this is something you're already taken into account mate. :)

Thanks fella B)

Thanks for the tip, but it's all in hand. I want them to be snug so they stay in place, the last thing you need is a bass box moving about whilst driving.

Quickly draped the material over and test fitted, its a bit ruffled at the bottom but you get the idea.

20130512_173308_zps697c682a.jpg

Just waiting for my terminals to turn up, once i fit those i can start gluing them together :teeth:

good work mate looks superb! B)

what size is the bose sub out of interest, i cant see a 10" fitting in there

Thanks bud, took my time to get these right.

The Bose subwoofer is 10inch, but very shallow.

10054_4939398368181_1493252479_n.jpg

Are you selling one of those prototypes cheap? Haha

One is staying with me and the other will go in the classifieds, will be much cheaper than shipping one from the US anyway.

Keeping the original as a template should i get interest for more ;)

Thanks fella B)

Thanks for the tip, but it's all in hand. I want them to be snug so they stay in place, the last thing you need is a bass box moving about whilst driving.

Quickly draped the material over and test fitted, its a bit ruffled at the bottom but you get the idea.

20130512_173308_zps697c682a.jpg

Just waiting for my terminals to turn up, once i fit those i can start gluing them together :teeth:

good work mate looks superb! B)

what size is the bose sub out of interest, i cant see a 10" fitting in there

Thanks bud, took my time to get these right.

The Bose subwoofer is 10inch, but very shallow.

10054_4939398368181_1493252479_n.jpg

Are you selling one of those prototypes cheap? Haha

One is staying with me and the other will go in the classifieds, will be much cheaper than shipping one from the US anyway.

Keeping the original as a template should i get interest for more ;)

Rough price ? I think in pm you said £90 if you make them? But this one needs a little bit of work to get the sub to sit properly no?

Around that price, but best wait till i actually put the things together and do a classifieds add. I don't want to upset any traders or break any forum rules.

I changed the angle of the box by one degree and that was enough to clear the base, perfect fit ;)

Left a bit of room on the side to allow the cargo net to be fitted.

20130519_163303_zps032ddc0d.jpg

20130519_174008_zps6ef04ad9.jpg

20130519_174023_zps24bacf06.jpg

Fitment is as exactly as i wanted, snug. Needs a good two handed shove to push it into place, but i'm happy that they won't move around whilst driving.

Takes a good two handed shove to get it back out to :)

Looking good mate, do you think you could do one with a 12 incher?

Doubt it, that 10 inch one looks to be about as large as will fit, looking at clearance on the top and bottom.

As above, the opening under the brace is only 11inch high, I imagine the only way would be to intrude on the spare wheels well. And be willing to cut your carpet. The sub would be partially hidden!

The only other option would be to build a box that fits in the space on the front side of the brace, not quite sure without measuring up etc...

yeah i knew it would be tight, just wondered if you'd considered/tried a larger sub. A 10" is probably plenty for most people anyway i guess....

I've no doubt in my mind that I could build a box to take a 12, but it isn't possible to keep it strictly under the brace.