Gumball 3000

sl114

One of my customers husbands had a chance of doing it for nothing last year.........yes nothing. The co-driver had pulled out but had paid his money and was happy for someone to fill his space for nothing.

Unfortunately, his boss would not give him the time off work to do it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My question is how many of us would have said "bye bye job" for a chance to have done it ?

The greatest car experience you're ever likely to have, mad mad parties every night with wall to wall stunning women, great laughs, cracking scenery, wicked roads - hell there's always another job! Yep, I would have been in that seat without even thinking :thumbs:

The greatest car experience you're ever likely to have, mad mad parties every night with wall to wall stunning women, great laughs, cracking scenery, wicked roads - hell there's always another job! Yep, I would have been in that seat without even thinking :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

One of my customers husbands had a chance of doing it for nothing last year.........yes nothing. The co-driver had pulled out but had paid his money and was happy for someone to fill his space for nothing.

Unfortunately, his boss would not give him the time off work to do it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My question is how many of us would have said "bye bye job" for a chance to have done it ?

The thing is his wife (my customer) told him to do it and sod the job! Her words were "we can manage for 6 months". What a lady! He still declined. :wacko:

bunch of idiots ....
No way! If i had £25k to spare, id do this in a heartbeat

Exactly - to a majority that are doing it they are multi-millionaires and it will cost them nothing in the scale of things. Bit of entertainment for all. Its great to see all the cars when they leave etc.

Shame its become soooo corperate sponsored etc - lost of a bit of the spark for me now all the cars are stickered up with exactly the same stuff etc.

OK there is some stupid driving but there are been very few serious accidents at all - some smashed up cars but people keep walking away from them all.

Quite a cool page for tracking http://www2.rallybird.eu/blog/?page_id=21

Notice in the crash pic all the sponsors logos have been removed.

Just to pre-empt any comments that the paint scheme is different in the crash pic to that of the next page in the report (http://jalopnik.com/cars/a-sticky-mess/russian-bmw-reportedly-picked-up-morley-and-mcconville-after-deadly-gumball-3000-hit+and+run-257495.php) there are two nearly identical Porsche’s in the rally but with opposite colour schemes. Red for blue, blue for red. You get the idea.

If at fault lock them up I say.

Isn't Morley that block from Lock Stock?

Guy

B)

Its just mad that this is the only death in 9 years, you think they would be prepaired for it really.

However i dont want this to ruin the gumball, its only 2 stupid people who messed it up for everyone and now the whole race is at stake! (future)

But this was waiting to happen & surprised it had not happened before. Over the years on tv iv seen an F50 come off a rounabout down a street & completely lose it going sidewards towards load of pedestrians on the pavement but somehow miss everyone. A Roller smashed to bits on a dual carrigeway & a Subaru samshing off but into a dirttrack rather than other cars, no other parties involved. A couple of cars in a pile up with a hatchback in France but no casualties as well as a Lambo that almost crashed into a ramshackle house in some village!

The thing is, it is alleged they left the scene of the accident. If they had stayed, called the emergency services/got help, the driver of the other car may still be alive. If the report in the press is correct, they should have had the guts to stay at the accident scene and stand by their actions. The authorities should throw the book at them. :bangin: