313HR engine differences to 370z engine?

Bems

As above. I know there's big differences between early DE engines and HR engines but is there as big a difference between the HR and the 370z's? Are the intakes etc transferable?

Just curious.

I'm sure I'll be quickly corrected but I think the 370 engine was a 350 HR unit stroked to 3.7lts so on that basis I'm sure there are many transferable parts between the 2 units

You are right on the first part but probably unlikely that parts are interchangable knowing what car manufacturers are like.........................

From the wiki:

VQ37VHR

200px-VQ37VHR.jpg

magnify-clip.pngVQ37VHR

It was the first production engine from Nissan using VVEL. It has an increased compression ratio of 11.0:1, with 3,696 cc (225.5 cu in) displacement (95.5 mm bore and 86 mm stroke), while redline remains at 7600 rpm. It is rated at up to 337 PS (248 kW; 332 hp) at 7,000 rpm and 37.2 kg·m (365 N·m; 269 lb·ft) at 5200 rpm. Although the engine gains only 0.2 kg·m (2 N·m; 1 lb·ft) peak torque over the VQ35HR and this higher torque arrives at 5200 rpm vs. 4800 in the VQ35HR, the torque curve itself is improved and flattened via VVEL variable valve timing for better throttle response and low rpm torque. The VQ37VHR engine has been touted by car magazines and reviewers as an improvement over the VQ35HR engine mostly adding much refinement and smoother engine operation, especially at high rpm where the VQ35HR engine was frequently criticized for NVH and sounding strained, harsh and loud.

I also disagree with the loud harsh thing in that article :lol:, a lot of people and reviews critisize the 370 for not sounding as good as the 350, and ive heard both in person and the 350's is just somehow that little bit more....fruity lol

I also disagree with the loud harsh thing in that article :lol:, a lot of people and reviews critisize the 370 for not sounding as good as the 350, and ive heard both in person and the 350's is just somehow that little bit more....fruity lol

Was thinking the same. I think it adds to the cars character,

Having bought a new 2006 facelift 350 and a 370 there is no doubt the 350 standard exhaust was more sporty sounding. In comparison, the 370 is so quiet IMO it fails to convey you are in a "Sports" car and it also has the downside of allowing more engine noise in the cabin which, yes at the top end of the rev range can sound a bit harsh.

Putting a Nismo exhaust on the 350 transformed the sound quality enormously (as well as looking ultra B) ).

Putting the Stillen exhaust on the 370 didn't just transform the sound quality it makes you feel you are in a sports car :D (the fact it looks pretty good and added around 18bhp are nice bonuses :lol: )P1060823.jpg

• Like 1

I also checked insurance the other week (out of curiousity) if I put a modded exhaust on the 350 (if the current one...welll when the current one rots awaylol) and its an extra £25-30....BOOM, I look forward to this day. Although trying to get a stainless steel one that sounds fairly similar but maybe without the engine whine could be tricky. (im not a fan of the aftermarket sounds lol)...feel free to suggest :)

Having bought a new 2006 facelift 350 and a 370 there is no doubt the 350 standard exhaust was more sporty sounding. In comparison, the 370 is so quiet IMO it fails to convey you are in a "Sports" car and it also has the downside of allowing more engine noise in the cabin which, yes at the top end of the rev range can sound a bit harsh.

Putting a Nismo exhaust on the 350 transformed the sound quality enormously (as well as looking ultra B) ).

Putting the Stillen exhaust on the 370 didn't just transform the sound quality it makes you feel you are in a sports car :D (the fact it looks pretty good and added around 18bhp are nice bonuses :lol: )P1060823.jpg

Smart looking zed!