Best way to connect ipod/iphone to BOSE headunit

iwanprice12

Sorry if there is already a thread on this topic, have had a quick browse & couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

What is the best way to connect an ipod/iphone to the original BOSE headunit? Can I also control the ipod/iphone through the steering wheel controls?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Yeah, I am using the tape converter to play music from my iPhone. Doesn't look the most aesthetically pleasing, but does the job no problem. Kind of want to invest in a Double Din unit with Bluetooth, but would be a stretch financially!

The 6-CD Changer is an internal type, not the external plug in type

Yes for the Xcarlink, but with the other, the "Nav video adapter", you can display video sources on the original Navigation screen, if I understood well.

NavRGB 2.0 is a new generation of navigation video interfaces that add video capabilities to vehicles with factory installed navigation system, or with color information screen.

NavRGB 2.0 does not replace or add a factory navigation system; it creates additional video inputs for the factory installed navigation system or color information screen.

And this is the plan of the Nav connectors :

imagewljl.jpg

You've right, I forgot the initial request.

Without changing the Bose system, options are : tape converter, or radio FM emitter.

And if you do not have the CD Changer internal, you can use the connector behind the Bose to plug a MP3 adapter for iphone.

You've right, I forgot the initial request.

Without changing the Bose system, options are : tape converter, or radio FM emitter.

And if you do not have the CD Changer internal, you can use the connector behind the Bose to plug a MP3 adapter for iphone.

Third option apart from tape converter or fm transmitter is the "Bose Hack"

Only the US versions have the plug in the back, UK and JDM models do not have this plug.

• 2 years later...

All I can say is I bought a UK one from eBay a few years ago and couldnt get it to work.

Edit: Maybe best talking to your mate as he /she would know if it's possible

Edited by ZEUS

The standard HU needs to be divorced from the original car and then paired to the new for it to work. If either one of these isn't done you'll have a tough job on to get it to work in another car.

I suspect the one you bought, Zeus, wasn't divorced before being removed and sold.

Either way though, if you're buying a HU you're better off upgrading to an aftermarket offering with more functionality.