so my car only pushed 219whp today on the rollers.....

Seabee

Hey guys I was at the rolling road day today at gotboost in bridgend but had to go early as I had work, my car was first on and it only hit 219whp which quotes 275hp at the flywheel, my cars an 07 313 coupe with only 15,000 miles on the clock. Is there any reason why my figures are so low compared to Nissans quoted 308bhp that the vq35hr engine should be running? I feel like I got a bad engine :( lol

Probably just the rollers in question. Don't worry about it, as long as it feels as quick as it should then that's all that matters.

Dyno numbers are good for willy waving and using as a baseline comparison before mods, nowt else.

• Like 1

Dyno numbers are good for willy waving

:lol: Classic!!

I am worried about having mine remapped and dyno'd, probably wasting my money on bolt-ons. The BHP will foreseeably be well below par and my ambitions on a 10 year old motor

Edited by Ceejay29

Dyno's are only as good as the person who calibrates it and the person who uses it. Every Dyno is different. And the same Dino can read differently on different days. Change in temp air pressure, weather etc all have an impact. Dyno runs only really help those who want to play pub top trumps with their friends. Or are tuning their car to see gains.

Seabee - sorry I missed you I didn't get there until around 10.40 and you'd been and gone!

To be honest all the 350z didn't do amazing on the roller - mine included! I've got a 2006 296 rev-up with 74k mileage with cat-back and was hoping for around 285 given the age but nothing like it.... I'm around 29bhp down from the factory (213 at the wheel) and that's a lot in my opinion.

I think the rollers there are pretty damn good and the 200sx and S15 were getting quite good figures but the Zeds were quite disappointing. I've gone down 55bhp from my last car and after today it looks like I'm changing.

Edited by Madhatter

Yep Seabee your car was the only HR.

I've hot a revup and then there was two De models. One did pretty well - he got 216 I think (which works out nearly stock bar 9bhp I think?) while the other only got 196 which was quite down.

I think all had cat-back exhausts though the low-figured 196 also had a pop-charger.

its a great tool for measuring progress as you mod a car, but the key is pick 1 dyno and stick to it. regardless of what the original number is it will show you what you gain as you mod. but if you move around and go to different dynos each time the numbers mean nothing. its like measuring a piece of string with a ruler that measures in inches, then later measuring it in cm's and then another one in finger widths. the piece of string is still the same length but i've got about 44 different sets of numbers none of which match what the original says.

• Like 1

If you're really after accuracy, the only place I'd trust is Surrey Rolling Road. Charlie prides himself on stuff like that, and whilst even he will admit where a dyno can fail, he'll be closer than anyone to the 'true' figure.

• Like 1

I had my old MR2 Dyno'd at GotBoost when I lived in Cardiff, I know he has moved now so not sure if the rollers are the same. However I saw the opposite - my car read higher on their rollers. When I then went to a more well known place (I think they had a dyno dynamics road) I saw around 30bhp less. As said above, if you use the same road consistently it is good to track your progress but for a proper figure most results need a pinch of salt.

Seabee - sorry I missed you I didn't get there until around 10.40 and you'd been and gone!

To be honest all the 350z didn't do amazing on the roller - mine included! I've got a 1996 296 rev-up with 74k mileage with cat-back and was hoping for around 285 given the age but nothing like it.... I'm around 29bhp down from the factory (213 at the wheel) and that's a lot in my opinion.

I think the rollers there are pretty damn good and the 200sx and S15 were getting quite good figures but the Zeds were quite disappointing. I've gone down 55bhp from my last car and after today it looks like I'm changing.

1996!!

Does that mean your selling?

If you're really after accuracy, the only place I'd trust is Surrey Rolling Road. Charlie prides himself on stuff like that, and whilst even he will admit where a dyno can fail, he'll be closer than anyone to the 'true' figure.

Even tho I live in south Wales I have taken my old impreza to surrey rr a few times for power runs and tuning with my old mapper Simon row aka jolly green monster of scoobynet and would not trust many others, great place and guys, built my impreza from a bare block myself and spent a fortune but ended up with a nice 454 bhp with 462 torque at 1.5 bar boost , wish I never sold it now lol