pH7's "I'm not going to meddle" build

ph 7

Thanks guys,

Just found a picture I was looking for for a compare and contrast...15 months ownership and 11k miles later

10008942864_9d3e07e70b_b.jpg10008943714_c216d839f2_b.jpg

Perhaps the biggest upgrade on show is that my iphone 5 camera is better than my old blackberry piece of junk!

Can't make it I'm afraid. You guys keep picking dates I can't do. It is Tracy's birthday party that night. But I can't wait to get it out there to see you all again.

Why not just come to Cosford for the morning? You'll be home for lunchtime. G'wan g'wan g'wan g'wan. You know you want to :p

car looks really good... where was the pic of the 458 taken?

If I remember it was northbound m42 through to the M1, I got Tracy to snap him. Followed him for ages, terrific sounding and looking machine.

could well be my old man then :lol: i'll tell him he's famous if it is! remember the plate? black roof? - agree, fantastic car. I put up some pics somewhere on here of it.

• 7 months later...

OK, where to start, It was quiet with the zed for me over Christmas, other than scraping my nismo front bumper on the splitter on a kerb which was soul destroying.

Then I purchased some z inserts from asad and a y pipe from marzman. Both of which have been fit along with a replacement mid pipe as mine was blowing and VERY loud and did not pass the MOT. Other than that everything was fine.

In February I managed to leave my fuel cap at a petrol station so had to buy another (thanks to clark motorsport) and hang my head in shame

Then came March, away on a stag party in Newcastle I broke my ankle by falling over which needed a minor fixation

14053438530_c0d04e703c_c.jpgIMG_20140318_132022 by p_h_7, on Flickr

Which has seen me out of action for three months. I was none existent on here as it was depressing me that I couldn't drive! Plus my life has been filled with several friends weddings in the last 2 months where I have proceeded to ruin various sets of photos by having crutches in them.

So a little update with pics then on the work done before the accident and now.

First the LED bulbs from CS2000 ...I wont bore you with all of them, but every light has now changed to led

10460450976_1662797b8e_c.jpgLed upgrades by p_h_7, on Flickr

14053284367_bbfe090ca3_c.jpgIMG_20140521_191340 by p_h_7, on Flickr

A glimpse of the Z logos on the RAYS...but also me prepping the car for Wales by giving it a polish and wax birthday.

14236573141_fcbc5047e9_c.jpgIMG_20140521_191101 by p_h_7, on Flickr

Might not be a shiny as some of the cars out there but I'm happy with it for now.

14260051193_97ef6f9089_c.jpgIMG_20140521_191300 by p_h_7, on Flickr

So all ready for Wales this weekend.. I'll be easy to spot as I'll be the one on a crutch!

The photos always make it look better than it really is!

Since those pics I have Nanolexed the black mirror housings and the aerial...that stuff is superb

Forgot o add that I gotmy air con fixed yesterday after promising to do it for a year...frosty now!

I'll make a point of saying in this thread how often I feel the need to Nanolex them to keep them looking respectable. The Nanolex I got was the sample from Waxybox and I have used about 6 squirts. It will last me a long time provided I fight the urge to use it on my tyres. There are cheaper products to dedicate to tyre rubber. I wish I'd done a before and after picture now but my phone was on charge at the time an I couldn't be bothered!

I have now ordered replacement alcantara gaiters after reading toothy's post yesterday. £14 delivered for gearstick and handbrake....deal of the day!

Toothy's install

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85818-new-gearstick-gaiter-and-handbrake-cover-with-pics/

• Like 1

So two jobs tonight, the alcantara gaiters arrived today and also a job that I'd been putting off, changing my gearknob.

Before piccy

14282459192_79c51d6d5e_c.jpgUntitled by p_h_7, on Flickr

and after, note the gearknob replacement is for another original that hasn't lost all of it's paint ont he shaft, should have cleaned it before putting it on really! Always keep a job back for tomorrow.

14097919207_7d6b1be06f_c.jpgUntitled by p_h_7, on Flickr

full view

14282454012_0361ea2e93_c.jpgUntitled by p_h_7, on Flickr

My gaiter pushing weapon of choice, an old fat scraper from one of those generic George Foreman grills that I found in the cutlery drawer.

14304646763_88f41128c8_c.jpgUntitled by p_h_7, on Flickr

Big thanks to toothy for showing us all where to buy them from.

I wouldn't let MopedMark anywhere near your ankle if he's holding a screwdriver mate.

Before you knew it, those screws would be out, polished and nickel plated! :lol: