IE10 Compatability Issues

Maybe this is just me but its the same on my PC at work running IE10. In any box on the site where you can type a post (so both in the quick reply thing and in the full editor) pressing the enter key wont give me a new line, it just does nothing at all. If I select compatibility mode this then works but then the layout of the whole page becomes screwed up so that's not an alternative either. Its my fault really as Microsoft have now added IE10 as an "Important" I just accepted it and then realised what it was lol. I'm guessing many people use either Chrome or Firefox which I'm guessing don't suffer this issue but its annoying for IE10 people, trust me. And per the issue above, I apologise for not paragraphing this post...I cant... :D

I have changed from IE to Chrome recently because the recent IE updates just seem to screw up the the use of this forum.

Chrome is not perfect BTW, but as someone who uses IT because you have to these days rather than likes to know all the techy stuff, it does seem better. :thumbs:

my surface RT tablet runs IE10 and i have this problem, but if you toggle into editing mode it gives all the functionality back.

editing mode = when typing in a reply box its the top left icon next to your own avatar, looks like a little switch. changes what the font looks like while you type (its a bit like being in HTML code mode) so it shows things like and img/ codes etc but when you post its all normal again.

If anyone picks up on this, maybe take a look at the last post here, or the middle post which is a link to the IPboard support forums with a fix.http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/enter-key-does-not-work-when-posting-in-ie10-r38650

I'll take a look at implementing this tomorrow morning for all you IE10 peeps :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I changed to Chrome not long back after years of using IE and having found successive editions seemed to have more and more irritations.

Chrome is certainly not without its faults, but overall it does seem to have less 'issues' for me on the PC.