Changing Headlights - Moving To France

Lazarus

How much might it cost to have the headlights on a February 2009 changed. Beam benders are not accepted by the French authorities. I have just been informed, by a main dealership, that each headlight alone costs £987, plus fitting. Many thanks.

Buy them from the states, check the US eBay, there are plenty on there that you can have to your door including customs etc for about £450 each.

As for changing them to drive on the wrong side of the road, as far I am aware, it's not adjustable, but maybe the right person could break them down and do it :shrug:

Edited by KyleR

But they from the states, check the US eBay there are plenty on there that you can have to your door including customs etc got about £450 each.

As for changing them to drive on the wrong side of the road, as far I am aware, it's not adjustable, but maybe the right person could break them down and do it :shrug:

You beat me! :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the United States ones are not acceptable for right hand drive mainland European countries. Something about the indicator set up. A main dealer told me that they had done the reverse, fro expats returning home, but when the work was done the customer was given his or her headlights back.

Apparently the United States ones are not acceptable for right hand drive mainland European countries. Something about the indicator set up. A main dealer told me that they had done the reverse, fro expats returning home, but when the work was done the customer was given his or her headlights back.

I'm sure that there are several on here who've imported cars from The U.K into Europe. There was a recent thread with a picture of an Azure U.K Zed, still on U.K plates parked next to a Lambo in Sweden, I've also read that several Zed's have been brought over to various parts of Europe from The States as well. Indicator setup might just involve changing a bulb...or it could be dealer waffle.

Pete

I'm sure that there are several on here who've imported cars from The U.K into Europe. There was a recent thread with a picture of an Azure U.K Zed, still on U.K plates parked next to a Lambo in Sweden, I've also read that several Zed's have been brought over to various parts of Europe from The States as well. Indicator setup might just involve changing a bulb...or it could be dealer waffle.

Pete

That would be my USDM, UK registered Zed in Sweden.

In Sweden the US headlights are legal as long as there is no amber parking lights on with the dipped beams.

My headlight markings are as follows:

Kioto H7

DOT VOR D2R

Thats from memory, but pretty sure they say something like that.