import ecu

TOM'S_ZED

Hey folks can anyone tell me if the jdm ecu is a straight swap for the UK ecu seems a cheap way to get 10bhp.

Lol wut? There is no power to be had from swapping ecu's. If you want power get an uprev remap and you will get 10bhp.

I think it is ......... but I also dont think you get 10hp from it, thats an urban myth. JDM's had slightly different geometry and were mapped to run on higher octane ut I dont think anyone has conclusively proven they are actually faster :)

I think it is ......... but I also dont think you get 10hp from it, thats an urban myth. JDM's had slightly different geometry and were mapped to run on higher octane ut I dont think anyone has conclusively proven they are actually faster :)

It was widely believed especially the JDM ST had more power but abbey said all cars have pretty much the same. Either way it would be a decent sized job as jdms use some different parts like narrowband lambada.

Right ok remap it is then read on here somwhere there's 10bhp difference in the ecu I beloved it as that's also the case with some Hondas I've built in the past but no worrys. Who does these up rev remaps then and do they alter the lamba sensor so it will take decats withthout putting the light on

Right ok remap it is then read on here somwhere there's 10bhp difference in the ecu I beloved it as that's also the case with some Hondas I've built in the past but no worrys. Who does these up rev remaps then and do they alter the lamba sensor so it will take decats withthout putting the light on

Abbey, tdi north, Horsham dev. Yes they can do that for you aswell just ask.

We are £402-00 inc vat for a Uprev remap on our dyno.

UK and JDM ignition maps are the same no difference , the fuel maps slightly different but nothing major.

You cant swop ECU across as the cars has coded ECU for the NATS immobilizer system.

Any questions ask away.

Most stock cars gain around 10+bhp and same in torque running with decays always gain more bhp/torque.

But the best gain is the throttle response and the removal of the throttle limiter in the lower 3 gears.

Yes we can sort the CEL caused by running decays while we tune the car.

Mark

Most stock cars gain around 10+bhp and same in torque running with decays always gain more bhp/torque.

But the best gain is the throttle response and the removal of the throttle limiter in the lower 3 gears.

Mark

Is there a throttle limiter in the first few gears of the 5AT gearbox as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow not cheap then. I'm guessing there's only 10-20bhp in a n/a remap aswell.

£2000 will see you to 300BHP according to Abbey, in my personal opinion you must have more money than sense. If you want power gains get a supercharger or NOS.

Or buy a V8.

The only reason I will get the uprev is because of the driveability benifits, making the car drive a lot smoother as I heard its a very different drive once its done!

£2000 will see you to 300BHP according to Abbey, in my personal opinion you must have more money than sense. If you want power gains get a supercharger or NOS.

Or buy a V8.

The only reason I will get the uprev is because of the driveability benifits, making the car drive a lot smoother as I heard its a very different drive once its done!

Dont look at it as £2000. Just do what i do and say its only another £400. I never add up my mods as its very scary lol

Or buy a V8.

Dont look at it as £2000. Just do what i do and say its only another £400. I never add up my mods as its very scary lol

I wish my bank didnt add it up!

Mark

no but we remap the max torque require to make the gear change a little more urgent and precise on the Auto's.

Mark

no but we remap the max torque require to make the gear change a little more urgent and precise on the Auto's.

Good to know! That combined with the TransGo shift kit should make a pretty big difference.