Le Mans 2013 22-23rd June

SimonPG

Should have mentioned, the other benefits of camping inside the circuit at Beausejour is that last time I went, they weren't being really fussy about pitch sizes, so you actually had a bit of space around the tent to your neighbours. Though maybe that's stopped now, as it gets ever more popular.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for going too... living in Luxembourg it's a slightly shorter trip for me. Will be taking the Z if I come obviously. Would be my first time at Le Mans (usually I do F1 Grand Prixs) so should be interesting!

• 1 month later...

Sadly one of the lads in the Peadobus has veto'd the idea, pretty poor show seeing as the rest of us are driving down with the word "C*nt" on the graphics. They have come up with another idea but its nowhere near as epic :(

Were getting the 1020 chunnel on Weds morning, if anyone fancies a convoy, let me know :thumbs:

I never enter the reg no when booking the chunnel, just in case of any car changes. Anyway, on a brighter note, our tickets arrived this morning, yippeeeee, getting giddy now, Tertre Rouge, I think it's 40 days to go. Azure, any members passing our deluxe camp say hello for a free beer.

I'm traveling on the Weds morning too, I'll have to confirm what time the train will be but it'll probably be horribly early thanks to my Dad!

Also, in previous years me and my brother have stickered up our cars. really not sure what to put on the Sunset Z though, any thoughts?

Evening chaps.

I'm all booked up too. Heading down in the Z again and currently trying to sort out a convey to tag along with. The best option so far is with a 458 and McLaren.... but will feel a bit out of place going with them, that's if I could keep up!

I'm on the Thursday 06:40am Eurotunnel and looking to do a faily chilled windy road trip this time as the motorway got a bit boring last year, and apparently, there are big road works at Rouen / lots of gendarmes :boxing:

I'm staying at Houx which seems to be a fairly decent camp - short walk to the start/finish/guiness tent etc.

Would be good to hear if anyone is booked on or around the same Thursday crossing. :drive1

(350Ad, have you got enough participants to justify taking the Z yet?....)

Edited by VsoundZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was one of the best Ive seen, race was really close right up until the death as well. Didnt meet any 350'ers but then didnt see any other 350s, I doubt youd have missed us if youd passed what with the giant smoke machine, never ending fire and of course the gay disco on Friday night ........ :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone manage to get their photo taken at the Boulogne tolls?... There are a few more Zeds showing in the album (http://www.net-carpictures.com/cpg148/thumbnails.php?album=465&page=1) There are about 40 odd pages of thumbnails and at least another 3 zeds featured.

Tip - the pictures appear to be in reverse order....so the earlier you went through the tolls, the closer you will be to the last pages. The photographer was there Wed/Thu/Fri I think.

Was good fun down there, weather slightly off here and there, but a good few days all the same.

I also found a good youtube video with a few seconds of myself (sadly just after a little spin-up) and a fellow Zed I happened to be behind. Check the video at about 1:30 (note the guy start to say "what car was that" when we both drove off lol ...... I think that's what he says anyway.

Zeds at 1:30ish after the monkey bike burnout...

Was good to see BBK down there briefly - I think I startled him when I walked up and asked where the Zed was as he definitely didn't recognise me - but then I did only meet him briefly for a road trip to Ringwood and back at the end of last year. Pity there was no Zed in toe BBK, but the Lancer was a fairly decent alternative :)

Looking forward to next year.

IMG_9428_DXO_1.JPG

IMG_9433_DXO_1.JPG