Our Next Track Car

HaydnH

Does the VX220 have an adjustable steering column? Unfortunately I can't fit in an Elise, well, I can get in but the steering wheel sits on my legs so I guess I could probably do drag racing in it... my Dad's 6'3" and big.. ;)

Well you have met me, I'm around 6ft and 14 1/2 stone of pure muscle - my mate had a VX220 and had to literally push me out of the passenger seat so your old man would be wedged nice and tight lol

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have thought a rev3 tubby would've been a better bet? Or even keep the old one and add to it if it's a track car. Still, as long as he's happy that's the main thing.

I always thought that after the rev 3s the engines got less powefull due to emissions etc, this was certainly true for the rev4. However the rev 5 increased in power for the NAs to 200PS due to and the Turbos from rev3 onwards all seem to use the same 3S-GTE gen 3 engine. I could be mistaken though.

Nice one, we should co-ordinate meet for a track day to christen our new toys

Sounds like a plan, we'll definitely be doing Bedford at some time as I want to take the Z out for a few laps on a relatively safe circuit.