Roof will not lock in place!!!

kosson

my 2006 350z roadster will open and close the roof but the rear lock will not pull the roof closed so there is a large gap under the rear window.

I knew it was too soon in the year to open it but I took a chance. The roof took two or three attempts to fold into its compartment but when i tried closing it I nearly cried. no way would it lock in place. the rear lock kinda sucks it into the lid and it seals perfectly, well it did before this.

I found a nissan service bulletin online which said to adjust the 5th bow motor auto closure cable. I did this as instructed and amazingly it still didnt close.

I am now very worried and seeking expert advice from you clever people

i will get some tomorrow and go at it straight away. I did try heating the cabin for far more than 30 minutes and even put in a dehumidifier overnight in the hope of making the fabric as light as possible but it is really taut and not one bit flexible.

our climate is not exactly suitable.

what is the best method of cleaning the fabric? we have many trees in our property and the fabric tends to attract that green dusty stuff and general car washing doesnt seem to remove it entirely.

I never knew a convertible would take such minding but as i was told i can never ride motor bikes again i decided this was the way to go. i do enjoy the drives in the limited sunshine which make it all worth while.

what is the best method of cleaning the fabric? we have many trees in our property and the fabric tends to attract that green dusty stuff and general car washing doesnt seem to remove it entirely.

I never knew a convertible would take such minding but as i was told i can never ride motor bikes again i decided this was the way to go. i do enjoy the drives in the limited sunshine which make it all worth while.

I use auto glym you get cleaner and sponge plus after care protect spray that protects the roof and keeps it water proof