350z 07MY - some information and piccies...

Zzzz...

I have been having a look at the japan website and between squiggles and janglish , managed to pull out some pics and details or interest, maybe already covered...but maybe usefull to have in one place.

Colours

[

The cars basic details

The bonnet is made from aluminium to keep the weight down... :yawn: CF propshaft...

2 induction kits required from now!!! :scare: The new VQ35HR V6 produces 306 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque and features a twin air intake system, among other enhancements, that increase efficiency and allows for improved fuel economy.

18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and 225/45WR18 (front), 245/45WR18 (rear) Bridgestone® Potenza RE050A tires

Available (Maybe as accessory? or perhaps as Option for GT pack for EUROPE? )are the RAYS lightweight 5-spoke forged-alloy wheels, 18x9-inch front and 19x10-inch rear with 245/40WR18 (front), 265/35WR19 (rear) Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (Grand Touring Coupe models only)

(NOTE, the US website states"available RAYS® super lightweight 18-inch front/19-inch rear 5-spoke forged alloy wheels (Coupe only). "

hummmm :thumbdown:

The for the interior other than anemic grey trim seat nothing much...

this could be an usefull bit of kit...

that's it....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point i think the statement on the 19's refer to accessory wheels...

I am not 100% sure about uk spec...this is only japan data, but i am sure if Japan get it Europe always has a higher demand so I would bet that they will be available on the GT spec...

(I'll edit the comment to make it clearer...)

Sarnie,

I think NMGB have previously guaranteed that the GT4 wheels will remain unique to the GT4 model in the UK - hence the MY06 models in UK getting Rays as standard as opposed to the GT4s in rest of Europe. I would expect that to continue for MY07, but don't think it has been guaranteed yet.

Gus

Sarnie,

I think NMGB have previously guaranteed that the GT4 wheels will remain unique to the GT4 model in the UK - hence the MY06 models in UK getting Rays as standard as opposed to the GT4s in rest of Europe. I would expect that to continue for MY07, but don't think it has been guaranteed yet.

Gus

It would severely decrease (my already extremely low) opinion of Nissan's integrity if this was to happen :dry:

If I didn't love my zed so much I **** off to Porsche :surrender:

I think this shows us that Nissan as lost its way with any new ideas for this car. The GT4 rims are already a few years old........is that the best they can come up with??No new designs for rims? Hope the GT4 rims dont come on the MY07 car. :dry:

Add me to the "Pi$$ed off if GT4 wheels become standard" List. :angry:

We don't know for sure they do yet......

Imagine how pi$$ed off the people that paid an extra grand to have the Rays forged alloys are then ffs! They made them standard on '06! :p

Add me to the "Pi$$ed off if GT4 wheels become standard" List. :angry:

We don't know for sure they do yet......

Imagine how pi$$ed off the people that paid an extra grand to have the Rays forged alloys are then ffs! They made them standard on '06! :p

I was in Holdcrofts last week any they told me that they doubt that the GT4 wheels will be coming here. As soon as they get the brochures in they are sending me one :thumbs:

I think this shows us that Nissan as lost its way with any new ideas for this car. The GT4 rims are already a few years old........is that the best they can come up with??No new designs for rims? Hope the GT4 rims dont come on the MY07 car. :dry:

Nissan current ethos is all about "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

New wheels = New testing , loads of validations, manhours testing, new tooling to make them, loads of extra money, and I amsure

( anyway look at porsche, they are not particularly ground breaking are they...)

It just shows that even after 4-5 years the zed is still quite fresh and good looking and there is not that much out there to challenge it... the sign of a true classic in the making...

a few engine tweaks a little bonnet mod... couple of new colours... is all that's needed to refresh it.

(think about it... your car will look very similar to the new one... as apposed to if you bought a 5 year old BMW vs the new one ( people will realise you have "an old car"... so if Nissan can sell the new one, with such low changes after 5 years it has to be a good sign... )

Don't know why he's moaning anyway, he's looking at changing those big heavy things for some bigger (and hopefully lighter things) soon anyway! :p

Don't know why he's moaning anyway, he's looking at changing those big heavy things for some bigger (and hopefully lighter things) soon anyway! :p

Especially after seen yours too Jacko :thumbs: On the point of the car, over all i agree with your point made if it aint broke dont fix it and yes your right it will be a classic, but really is it too much to ask for slightly different wheels? better interior? better i.c.e?The GT4 wheels were part of the limited edition package. But yes keep the car the same but just make the improvements that most people who buy the car complain about. And lets face it apart from the orange and an interesting looking red most of the new colours especially the blue are dull!!But overall the car is great and a top design it just needs a few detailed improvements. :thumbs:

And lets face it apart from the orange and an interesting looking red most of the new colours especially the blue are dull!!But overall the car is great and a top design it just needs a few detailed improvements. :thumbs:

Think you will find Dave that the Red is the same. You can see by the lack of a (M) or (P) after the japanese writing. That means Pearlescent or Metallic ( think). Basically the red is the same I think, although in the car pic it does look different......

d'ya know what? That blue is growing on me. The red is the same as the current isn't it? - chilli non pearl????

Yeah to both counts I think......

I'd like to see the new blue in person, but don't think its going to be a patch on Azure when clean! B)

But I want to see the orange........ but to be honest, the colour choices could stop any inclination about me changing to an 07 full stop! :yawn:

And lets face it apart from the orange and an interesting looking red most of the new colours especially the blue are dull!!But overall the car is great and a top design it just needs a few detailed improvements. :thumbs:

Think you will find Dave that the Red is the same. You can see by the lack of a (M) or (P) after the japanese writing. That means Pearlescent or Metallic ( think). Basically the red is the same I think, although in the car pic it does look different......

Thats what got me about the red in the picture it does look different........looks great in fact :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to let anyone interested know that I've received my new brochure this morning. The dealers didn't have any so went onto Nissan Uk and requested one. Got a letter a couple of days saying they didn't have any, then a pack today.....

They've combined the coupe and roadster into one brochure now if you request it. Shows some pics of the new orange, but in all of them it looks very much like a slightly different colour to Sunset, not drastically different. Think its really going to be a car that looks better in person.....

Also a couple of pics of midnight blue....... doesn't look great in photos in brochure. Sure will be better in person.....

I'm also off to see one in person tomorrow! :thumbs:

Will try to take some pics (probably with the camera phone)

Is that one house? How many Zeds do they own? !!!

it's my house and as you can see we make a lot of party time to my house with the great despair of my neighbors :teeth::teeth:

8 Zs and an E86 this day, I live in a dead end ;)

1178224480_DSC01459.JPG