Quick spacer torque question.

14N

I think you will find wheel nuts are torqued to 114ft pounds

And Ive done the same to my spacers,which all seems to be ok.

You could call a tyre center and ask what they would torque wheels up to

Thats a little excessive isnt it?

I was always told 80ft/lb or 108nm... Or no more than 95ft/lb which is 130nm...

No expert though!

Thanks all. Spacers are now fitted. Dave you were spot on, Nissan workshop manual states 80ft/lb or 108nm for wheel nuts and I've tightened the spacers to the same.

Cheers for the tip RT :thumbs:

I've seen before and after pics of spacers being fitted, but I can't belive the difference they've made to the physical appearance of the car. Very pleased with the results :D

I was wondering same thing!

Car going in for full wheel strip & powder coat (still slightly dithering on what colour finish I want (I know it WON'T be black or gun metal though) next week and have just ordered a set of 20/25 spacers to sort out that HUUUUUUUUUGE chasm twixt rubber and wheel arch.

Looking forward to have a wheel arch properly filled and wheels properly finished - then I can machine polishthe car over Easter Weekend and THAT is a recipe for snow/rain/sleet/typhoon/plague of locusts for all 4 days!

David

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to have a wheel arch properly filled and wheels properly finished - then I can machine polishthe car over Easter Weekend and THAT is a recipe for snow/rain/sleet/typhoon/plague of locusts for all 4 days!

David

So the snow IS David's fault!!!

• Like 1

Wasso out of interest, is the suspension different on those two pics? Or is it like for like? Looks good though.

I don't know if Wasso's car is lowered in the second photo, but it's definitely lowered now on MeisterRs. It looks lowered in that photo to me judging by the tyre to arch gaps.

Wasso out of interest, is the suspension different on those two pics? Or is it like for like? Looks good though.

I don't know if Wasso's car is lowered in the second photo, but it's definitely lowered now on MeisterRs. It looks lowered in that photo to me judging by the tyre to arch gaps.

Yup, i'd say so. Just not low enough! :p