What's the point in having...

rogerxp

...a bloody Roadster that refuses to lower the hood when it's a little 'brisk'?!?!

Yesterday, 7 degrees, beautiful fresh sunny day, yet my bastard hood refused to retract due to health & safety/nanny state meddling no doubt - grrr.

Hood decided to work 10 minutes into my journey.

Rant over - thanks for listening!

Should work down to 3 degrees, after that you get problems with it retracting all the way.

Was one of the reasons I bought a coup, did look at a roadster, but didnt want to be always

swearing at the roof and braking my finger nails.. :surrender:

Will, your analysis was stop on, my language was colourful yesterday - felt a bit daft cursing at a button!! So fecking annoying - surely as a grown adult (!?!?) I can judge whether the inner workings would be frozen or not - but 7 degrees was just stupid. Worked eventually (was more glad it went up again having been parked at work all day with the hood down!!).

I'd never heard of such problems if Im honest.

At least I had fewer folk screwing tosser at me for a change :)

I had my fair share of "wind in the hair" style motoring with the Westfield and the Caterhams... so now I just wait until it's sunny and warm.

I have learned to live with the possible derision I may face when I don't have the roof down when it is deemed by the Man on the Clapham Omnibus that "I should". In some car communities this used to be a sin tantamount to wearing gloves on a football pitch in 1966 - whereas gloves are, of course, now de rigueur.

But if you like getting the roof down whenever conceivably possible then I'm sure it is more than a little frustrating.

My rule of thumb is that if I'm not warm enough with the windows up, without the heater blaring out (heated seats allowed!), then it's roof up.

You're quite cocooned sat low down in the Zed you're pretty well protected.

Edited by rogerxp

My 350z roadster did the same. The problem I had was that the car was never left in the sun as my drive is in the shade, so whilst the temp outside had increased, the car was still cold, and hood was stiff. I found once warmed it up it was fine.

Very often id put the roof down at all sorts of silly temps. Once you get the windows up and heater on its actually quite warm in the cabin with no need for hat/scarf or anything. I remember once driving home from work in winter and when I got home the temp was 1 degree.

My 350z roadster did the same. The problem I had was that the car was never left in the sun as my drive is in the shade, so whilst the temp outside had increased, the car was still cold, and hood was stiff. I found once warmed it up it was fine.

Very often id put the roof down at all sorts of silly temps. Once you get the windows up and heater on its actually quite warm in the cabin with no need for hat/scarf or anything. I remember once driving home from work in winter and when I got home the temp was 1 degree.

Good thing to skip the scarf - remember Isadora Duncan :wacko:

Failure again (at least it's only 4 degrees today). Worked as I arrived at my destination - FFS

It's probably just me and my personality but if something annoyed me that much I'd have to change it ....get another car that does what you want it to do or get a coupe. I can't stand things that don't do what I want them to do....even the simplest tool that doesn't work probably gets chucked within seconds....I haven't the patience or time for it.

I agree but only just noticed it as being a problem. It has happened before but worked shortly after so put it down to bring a little glitch. Drive around for 5 mins and it usually works so maybe not enough to warrant a change of vehicle purely down to this.