Psychological warfare?

sloutrou

As a noob to not just Zeds but sports cars, I've noticed this a bit. In my previous rental Fiesta, no one even noticed me on the road, now every clown with a big bore wants a piece. I assume it's because they like to lose? Don't want to race a beatable fiesta, but will try and burn off a (nearly unbeatable, round my way) Zed. I've given up bothering with them after a week, don't need to waste the fuel or take the inevitable ticket I'll get if I stomp my right foot down.

On the motorway the other day I was doing about 75 with the cruise control on, a micra pulled up inches behind, tailed for a while and then wheezed past, idiot looking over. Two minutes later and it's an uphill long section, what gets in my way, said micra having an asthma attack on an incline. Didn't have to touch the CC it just held the same 75 all the way up, micra did not. The look on his little face! Then on the downhill, who's back?

• Like 1

As a noob to not just Zeds but sports cars, I've noticed this a bit. In my previous rental Fiesta, no one even noticed me on the road, now every clown with a big bore wants a piece. I assume it's because they like to lose? Don't want to race a beatable fiesta, but will try and burn off a (nearly unbeatable, round my way) Zed. I've given up bothering with them after a week, don't need to waste the fuel or take the inevitable ticket I'll get if I stomp my right foot down.

On the motorway the other day I was doing about 75 with the cruise control on, a micra pulled up inches behind, tailed for a while and then wheezed past, idiot looking over. Two minutes later and it's an uphill long section, what gets in my way, said micra having an asthma attack on an incline. Didn't have to touch the CC it just held the same 75 all the way up, micra did not. The look on his little face! Then on the downhill, who's back?

Had a KA on the motorway once playing the same game...but when he got to the incline and I drew

level with him, he was trying to push the accelerator through the floor when the engine went BANG...PMSL... :thumbs:

• Like 2

I've found the complete opposite :blink:

I find that cars don't get up my arse, or try racing me. Infact I find that if I'm at a set of lights in the left lane and a car pulls up in the right hand lane, no matter how slow or late I pull away when the lights turn green they always seem to let me go first :lol: If i'm in the overtaking lane cars pull over out of the way 99 times out of 100.

Except Vauxhall Zafrias for some reason, they always try having a play!

(edit) Just remembered I live in Norfolk, I don't think anyone here drives fast or agressively. Or properly.

Edited by KurtB

I've found the complete opposite :blink:

I find that cars don't get up my arse, or try racing me. Infact I find that if I'm at a set of lights in the left lane and a car pulls up in the right hand lane, no matter how slow or late I pull away when the lights turn green they always seem to let me go first :lol: If i'm in the overtaking lane cars pull over out of the way 99 times out of 100.

Except Vauxhall Zafrias for some reason, they always try having a play!

(edit) Just remembered I live in Norfolk, I don't think anyone here drives fast or agressively. Or properly.

some guy in a midlife crisis trying to inject some fun back into his life :lol:

I almost got rammed off the road the other night driving back from Lincoln. Had someone in an Astra on there phone doing 20mph and swerving in a 30 zone so when he steadied I overtook.

After that happened he got quite annoyed and started flashing and beeping his horn the overtaking me again in a 30. So when we got to Waddington I decided to pass him again and go home as he was only doing 40 on a national speed limit road. Again he didn't like it and tail gated me for a bit then decided to try overtake.

Now for whatever reason the person in question didn't seem to have the power to do this manoeuvre so I eased off so he could get pass when my girlfriend shouted at me and I noticed he was trying to ram me off the road.

After a little off roading we managed to avoid contact and I called the local rozzers as this wasn't just a normal run in the guy was quite agitated.

Police ended up pulling him over as they sent three unit cars after the Astra. I had pulled in to a local garage to check for any damage and thankfully nothing.

Police came to ask for my statement of events so I told him. He said I also had a nice car and that if I wanted to could I not of left the Astra for dust. To which I said yes, but I didn't want a speeding ticket off you to which he laughed and sent me on my way.

• Like 1

I almost got rammed off the road the other night driving back from Lincoln. Had someone in an Astra on there phone doing 20mph and swerving in a 30 zone so when he steadied I overtook.

After that happened he got quite annoyed and started flashing and beeping his horn the overtaking me again in a 30. So when we got to Waddington I decided to pass him again and go home as he was only doing 40 on a national speed limit road. Again he didn't like it and tail gated me for a bit then decided to try overtake.

Now for whatever reason the person in question didn't seem to have the power to do this manoeuvre so I eased off so he could get pass when my girlfriend shouted at me and I noticed he was trying to ram me off the road.

After a little off roading we managed to avoid contact and I called the local rozzers as this wasn't just a normal run in the guy was quite agitated.

Police ended up pulling him over as they sent three unit cars after the Astra. I had pulled in to a local garage to check for any damage and thankfully nothing.

Police came to ask for my statement of events so I told him. He said I also had a nice car and that if I wanted to could I not of left the Astra for dust. To which I said yes, but I didn't want a speeding ticket off you to which he laughed and sent me on my way.

Blimey...glad it turned out ok for you.