Since HFC install - car driving oddly

downhuman

Hey guys

Since installing the HFC's my HR now drives a bit oddly...

If you suddenly floor it when in mid rev's it hesitates and 'feels' less smooth once accelerating than it did.

No CEL codes, checked on a reader.

I still have an issue with sound so gonna check for blows but not sure this would affect drive-ability anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is something we have seen a few times prior to remapping on the HR engined cars.

Do the sport cats (Stillen) always sound like the baffles are broken too?? At 4krpm it sounds a bit like a blow / metallic resonance which is really annoying - I'm not really overly impressed with the HFC experience so far...

Is the hesitation 02 sensor related Mark ? And is uprev the only solution?

TBH I may take them off and sell them as the noise is doing my head in!

In which case it may be running lean. The sensors/ECU try and restore the engine running to OEM settings but the new bits are probably taking it outside the range of adjustment. This also means that you are not gaining any real advantage from your upgrades. Best to talk to Abbey or one of the other authorised tuners about an Uprev re-map. It will transform the car.

• Like 1

Stillen are normally noisier than Berks we have found. We have run De-cats with Milltek system's on HR without any noise hassle normally so it seems strange your having issues. Pete on here had De-cats on his HR car with a Milltek without any issues the car wasn't noisy in the dyno.

The driving issue is due to 02 response time , the HR are mapped so rich stock they don't run too lean once bolting HFC's and a exhaust system.

• Like 1

Stillen are normally noisier than Berks we have found. We have run De-cats with Milltek system's on HR without any noise hassle normally so it seems strange your having issues. Pete on here had De-cats on his HR car with a Milltek without any issues the car wasn't noisy in the dyno.

The driving issue is due to 02 response time , the HR are mapped so rich stock they don't run too lean once bolting HFC's and a exhaust system.

Ah....didn't know that HRs run rich...you learn something every day.

I don't know if this is related but it might be worth you thinking about. Will370z bought Stillen HFC's for his 370 and had all sorts of problems with fitment I believe, from memory I think the general consensus was that Stillen quality seems to have deteriorated from what had been previously experienced. Maybe fir a PM off to Will for the full story. :)

• Like 2

Really feel for you on this downhuman.

It seems you're not getting the same great experience that the rest of us who've had the Berks HFCs fitted have enjoyed.

Getting in touch with Will is great idea, see what he comes back to you with. I hope its a fitting issue which you can get sorted.

Or if you've decided you want to get rid of the Stillen's and you want to head down another route that you can do that as easily as possible.

Stillen hfcs werent the issue in my case, never even got them on the car, we just compared them in size and fit the berks. Issue was the stillen exhaust itself but that was on a 370

Good luck getting it fixed but regardless you will get a tinny rasp from the hfcs, its a character of the part

Shame but best to go with what you like and resolve it asap, as you are doing.

I recently bought a hatchback which did not prove to be what I hoped...got rid of it a week later! Yes it will cost me a bit but I don't like to dwell on my mistakes - life is too short.

• Like 1

Back for Mark @ Abbey and he thinks they sound as they should...

Which means I don't like the HFC Milltek combo!

I will probably go back to oem shortly so watch the for sale thread for some brand new HFCs shortly

Shame you didn't come along to a meet up or find someone who had HFCs to have a listen, but anyway as Neil said life's too short to dwell on mistakes just chalk it up and move on :thumbs:

Sorry you don't like these, as mentioned they were bought for Will to see if we could sort the issue on his Zorst.

If you sell them and have a listen to someone else Berk/Miltek combo and you like that then I will do you a set at cost, as mentioned though the noise described is common, sounds much better on the outside, not heard Stillens in the flesh though to be fair

Sorry you don't like these, as mentioned they were bought for Will to see if we could sort the issue on his Zorst.

If you sell them and have a listen to someone else Berk/Miltek combo and you like that then I will do you a set at cost, as mentioned though the noise described is common, sounds much better on the outside, not heard Stillens in the flesh though to be fair

Not your fault at all mate! Will stick to oem cats for short term and when I have the money consider an HFC and uprev combo as mine misbehaved from a throttle response perspective too, which some HR cars do apparently . And thanks for your kind offer on the Berks Chris