S13 / 180SX

x20drb

generally 200sx's/180sx's have pop up lights when you are talking S13. S14 and above dont have pop up lights

what you also get are import S13 silvias which have none pop up lights.

You then get strawberry face (newer S14 or S15 front end on an S13 etc), sileighties (front end of a silvia on a 180sx , and onevias (front end of a 180sx on a silvia)

the UK S13 came with a 1.8 CA18DET engine

only import S13's came with an SR20DET which is why they are very rare.

the UK S14 then came with SR20DET's these didnt have pop up lights either.

S13's generally understeer like hell followed by massive oversteer which makes for an interesting drive if you push it. That said it was one of the best cars I have ever owned (mine was only a Stage 1 CA18DET)

This is basically the gist but there are plenty of other things going on!

The PS13 is the one without pop up headlights. PS13, S13, S14, S14A's are all great cars, just watch out as a LOT of them have really bad rust problems on them. Quite a few will have had it fixed in one way or another, just make sure one has.

The S13 came with a CA18 engine which many people like to bin for an SR20, but as above, the PS13 came with an SR20 as standard I believe.

He PM'd me, heres what I said (Im the Chairman of the owners club BTW) :)

There are a few about but nowhere near what there used to be a few years ago, best places to look ar www.sxoc.com/vbb and www.driftworks.com/forum

If youre looking at importing one then Id strongly recommend using Rees@japanusedcars, tell him docwra sent you - Jurgen at JM Imports is also very good .......... although TBF if I was in that market Id be looking for a nice UK S13 and save myself £2K ....... http://www.driftwork...good-clean.html thats a specced, RB25 engined S13 for less than a clean Type X 180 would cost ......... although this one is bargainous: http://www.driftwork...20det-sale.html

A late model 180SX Type X with a Z33 engine and gearbox in it would be approaching my perfect car, they are much lighter and more fun to drive than a Z33 but IMO handle like ass until money is spent on them :)