.....Why?

AMT

Ok, so this time no comparisons :lol: , nothing to do with the Zed, I'm just on about this car.... even if I had the money I just don't.... ...I mean...WHY...why would you buy one. Its pointless, I bet the RS4 Avant (which I like much) is more useful than this. Ok, so 'own opinions' aside, which is fair enough, what is the need for this car? What kind of person wants it. lol Can anyone justify it?.... (You'll have to excuse me as I did design earlier in life and was about to do Transport design ...before I veered off to take cash over eduction :lol: so this is the kinda things I think about....lol)

http://www.autoblog....-geneva-reveal/

And if I had to put my own opinion in...which I will lol...its not a very good looking car...

Edited by AMT

Put simply. Anything Audi put a RS badge on flys of the shelf.

...good shout lol And yes it does take the 'specialness' away from Audi's RS brand... wouldn't want a go. RS4 however...yes please. Who knew estates could look so good, but they always have.. :)

Edited by AMT

http://facecarsx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/2013-Audi-RS4-Avant-Side-View.jpg

Who said it was 6 years old?.... I'm on about the new one lol At least this one seems to have a purpose....practical and fast... whats the Q3.... prob not as practical as you think and looks...silly lol And anyway...NO COMPARISONS!... :lol: I just said I'd like a go in one. The Q3 RS whatever though... I'd walk by that in any dealership lol

my wife drives the xc60 because she likes the higher seating position, when she has had kids in the car its easier to access the kids seats as the car is higher, theboot is easier to get shopping in as the boot I higher up. she feels safer in it. so my guess is people who would buy this are people who like all of the above but want even more performance. its audi and its an RS badge so it will sell like hotcakes

going on the size thing, my in laws looked at the q3 and the tiguan, they wanted a vehicle higher up snd easier to get into for their age, but didn't want the size of a range rover xc90 etc. they got a freelander in the end as it was a better weight for towing. so my guess is there are plenty of others with similiar needs

http://facecarsx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/2013-Audi-RS4-Avant-Side-View.jpg

Who said it was 6 years old?.... I'm on about the new one lol At least this one seems to have a purpose....practical and fast... whats the Q3.... prob not as practical as you think and looks...silly lol And anyway...NO COMPARISONS!... :lol: I just said I'd like a go in one. The Q3 RS whatever though... I'd walk by that in any dealership lol

Forgot about the new RS4 :D

• Like 1

http://facecarsx.com...t-Side-View.jpg

Sorry to damper any dreams......the old one drives better. The new rs4 and face lift rs5 have electronic power steering which for me, ruins the hole experience

http://facecarsx.com...t-Side-View.jpg

Sorry to damper any dreams......the old one drives better. The new rs4 and face lift rs5 have electronic power steering which for me, ruins the hole experience

I take it you've driven both?

That i still aint driven. We had one in the showroom till last week. Does look like fun. I remember seeing the RS5/M3 thing on top gear where they did not rate the RS5. And if i honest me and every one else at work was surprised. The thing is so much fun to drive. Maybe not as track orientated or as focused as that the M3, but on the road. What a animal. And you will never tire of the band from the exhaust when you change down.

To me the RS branding should be something special, and the figures don't reach out and grab me:

"performance figures are still impressive with a limited top of 155 miles per hour and a stated 0-62 mph time of 5.5 seconds. "

Really? I wouldn't ca an RS branded Audi with that 0-60 time 'impressive'. I know it isn't all about 0-60 times but I just expect something better? Maybe just me.