The Who

MrsNiki

Ok done a wee searchy but nothing came up for this....

Sat listening to The Who knowing full well i have s*it hot tickets to see them in manchester in June!! Anybody else joining me, or did you all see them first time around???

Whatever the response, its stlll Pete Townshend and Roger Daltry with Mr Zak Starky in the group too (young ringo starr for all you non music folks)

And i cannot wait!!

ps my zed is called Zak...

:D

Edited by missniki

I saw them in 1980 or possibly 1981 at the Deeside Leisure Centre. Moon was dead by then of course and they had just lost that bit extra they had from 1965 to 1974 but they were still darned good.

Pete

I worked that concert. (Crowd control operative)

Got paid to watch The Who. Chatted to Daltry before it started and got him to sign a program. Still got it.

I'm a massive fan of The Who, sadly never seen them live. Would have been nice to see them in their prime! :thumbs:

You missed a real treat, they were so 'alive' you could just feel the energy coming off the stage, never really experienced that again with any other band of that era. I have to admit to having a certain fascination with drummers, probably because I can't :) this quote by Pete Townsend summed Moony up I think "Keith was an eccentric player, and seemed to be showing off all the time, pointing his sticks up in the air and leaning over the drums with his face thrust forward as if to be nearer the front of stage. But he was loud and strong. Slowly too we realized that his fluid style hid a real talent for listening and following, rather than just laying down a beat." :clap:

I'm a HUGE Who fan but not sure I would go and see them these days :wheelchair:

The only band I have been to see after their hayday were Pink Floyd without Roger Waters and yes I enjoyed it but not the same...

I am sure you will have fun, listen to all the back catalogue, I love it all, have to say Quadrophenia is one of my all time favourite films and albums...

I am sure Jetset Pete will agree ;), I was only born in 69 but would have loved to be part of all that :cry:

• Like 1