Headlight Mods

Shaun1982

Well considering I've just emptied the bank buying the car & wasted money on journeys to look at zeds prior to this I don't have much choice if I get chance ill try get a photo from in the car somewhere where there are no street lights so you can see just how bad they are.

Even on a straight road you lose the lines & edge when another car comes towards you buying another set would be simple but funds won't allow it :(

Oh one last thing, to fit an aftermarket hid kit do I get d2s bulbs or stick with whatever the non xenons are in it now?

The hid kit will most likely cone with bulbs which are nearly unique, they look like HIDs but have 2 wires coming from them and a connector.

And D2S bulbs are for the later BiXenon lamps.

Edited by KyleR

Right so its d2r that pre facelift lights take then. I'm guessing I buy a hid kit with what's in it now, ie H7 rather than d2r like factory xenons run.

Tried searching for old threads with modded lights for any ideas etc but found none on tapatalk app at least. I know there's not much scope for the early lights but I quite fancy fitting drl type LEDs if its doable & can look factory like

Tried dreamkustomz already dude but it comes back with no returns while I use the tapatalk app.

Did look at a thread about the bumper fleckers with LEDs in. Must be the same way you would fit & wire then surely.

Contemplating maybe fitting some super bright LEDs in the original flecker in the light if possible to use as DRL's

There are some really crazy looking lighting mods on the US my350z.com site giving pretty detailed instructions as to how to go about completing the job. Demon headlamps with either a red, green or blue glow befire being switched onto to main beam seem really popular and look pretty good and a few people have painted the insides of the light gloss black which looks pretty good, although i'm not quite sure what plod or your MOT station would say about them but they definately look different.

Having split lights many times I'd recommend a combination of oven and gun for splitting and sealing. Pre heat it with the oven then split it using the heat gun to keep the heat where you need it. When re sealing, use the heat gun to keep the glue easier to work with but then stick it in the oven to get a proper flow in all the cracks when together.

If I did it again, I know I would;

1. be doing it on a spare set if possible so I'm not rushed
  2. Do it in the most dust free environment possible
  3. never wipe or touch the inside of the clear plastic headlight cover (don't touch the UV coating!!)
  4. use the oven to do a final reseal
  5. use remelt-able glue to fill in gaps when resealing them