The day that my Zed gets some new rims! - Racing Hart RS-721

Jacko

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow very very coool,

B)

how much and where did you get those from if you dont mind me asking..

Thanks Chaps..... soooo pleased with them. Just waiting now to finish work to checkout the other two!

PM me for details Ash. I got from the states as a lot better deal, but still dented the card pretty badly!

I got very lucky as well as they were in stock (last set) so no waiting on lead time from Japan. But I'll post up some more details about supplier later.....

For anyone that is interested......

I've just weighed them on some digital scales. Now accepted its probably not the most advanced weighing mechanism, but was just interested so that I know the "real world" figure.

They came out at

Front - 13Kg

Rear - 13.8Kg

Also will weight the Rays when they come off and they are tyre less etc.....

I know the Rays are meant to be around 8.x Kg but we'll see! ;)

Just thought I'd let you know.

interesting, weigh the whole thing with the tyre too mate before you put them on the car if you can! B)

Yeah will try...... make look a bit stange in the tyre place with my bathroom scales, but would be interesting to see! ......

Can't see the Rays being that light though...... think thats some interesting marketing going on?

They are really nice Mark. I'm a big fan of Racing Harts. Proper wheels. You've also made a good choice on width and offset. My Work fronts were 9 inch +25, so just about the same. My rears were 10.5 but I always felt that 9.5 or 10 was better. My 10.5's were +29 which will mean your +22 10's will have the outside of the wheel in about the same position to the rear arch.

So.....they will look... :thumbs:

PS: That picture from teh Dazz website has the Veilside lip as I had and it's got exactly the same fitting issue I had. Notice how it isn;t fitting tightly on the outside next to te wheel arch. I altered mine to fit though.

http://www.dazzmotorsports.com/download ... e91814a04d

[

Yeah will try...... make look a bit stange in the tyre place with my bathroom scales, but would be interesting to see! ......

Can't see the Rays being that light though...... think thats some interesting marketing going on?

I got new Nismo LMGT4 19" delivered today. The rears ( 9.5" ) weighs exactly 10kg, so the Rays being only 18" and supposedly super-lightweight may well be 8.5kg

Lookin good Jacko

Gus

They are really nice Mark. I'm a big fan of Racing Harts. Proper wheels. You've also made a good choice on width and offset. My Work fronts were 9 inch +25, so just about the same. My rears were 10.5 but I always felt that 9.5 or 10 was better. My 10.5's were +29 which will mean your +22 10's will have the outside of the wheel in about the same position to the rear arch.

So.....they will look... :thumbs:

PS: That picture from teh Dazz website has the Veilside lip as I had and it's got exactly the same fitting issue I had. Notice how it isn;t fitting tightly on the outside next to te wheel arch. I altered mine to fit though.

http://www.dazzmotorsports.com/download ... e91814a04d

Cheers Kev, I'm hoping they look hot...... on everything I've heard and seen then they should fit really well. Especially important when you don't have a kit on to "cover"......

Hadn't noticed the lip issue but have now, I see what you mean! :thumbs:

Nice wheels mate. A very classy act. Thanks for your help and advice about z1Auto. So far very impressed. I am just waiting for how much my set up is going to cost me :headhurt:

There goes my wife's new kitchen. :fishslap:

Well my four new tyres turned up at lunch from Camskill! So thats those here......

What is it about brand new tyres that are just sooooooo nice :in_love:

Just gotta go get them fitted now, but prob not till Sat morning when it will be raining! ;)

Anyway, will try to get some pics up of them fitted at the weekend (all being well and that they fit ok! :D )

Very nice Jacko,,,,,hope you got a good price. They sell those at the same place I got mine.....

http://www.wheelmania.co.uk/gallery/japanese/350z4.html

Looking forward to seeing the pics of them on the car. Make sure they handle them with kid gloves when the tyres go on.....

:)

Thanks mate,

Yeah trust me. I got a very good price considering what they wanted for them! I went to the Bury branch.... and lets just say I saved over a £1000 on rims alone from not buying from them ;)

Also they don't stock em, you'd have to wait a long, long time from there!

Getting fitted 1st thing tomorrow so hoping sun holds out to get some decent pics for y'all (and me! :teeth: )

Very nice Jacko,,,,,hope you got a good price. They sell those at the same place I got mine.....

Looking forward to seeing the pics of them on the car. Make sure they handle them with kid gloves when the tyres go on.....

What confuses me is that there are 3 or 4 UK Zeds there with monster wheels yet they don't seem to be members here or the other side nor does anyone ever spot them.........weird! :wacko:

What confuses me is that there are 3 or 4 UK Zeds there with monster wheels yet they don't seem to be members here or the other side nor does anyone ever spot them.........weird! :wacko:

Thats because they are never driven :thumbdown: and are show cars, which are put on a back of a trailer to events and wrapped in clingfilm :yuck:

Are you going off those pictures on WM's site??

Is that what you mean? :blush: