My 2004 GT..... Long term big power build!! (Bear with me... We will get there one day)

Hey everyone, I'm new here and have only owned my zed for a few weeks but am already bored and want more power!!!!

This is going to be a long term build! I'm going to start small and build up!

Only mod done so far is "fitting a Honda aereal"

But have just received this in the post from blox racing in the USA

post-14104-136040166563_thumb.jpg

post-14104-136040167719_thumb.jpg

With these freebies

post-14104-136040170542_thumb.jpg

And here is the 350Z

post-14104-136040173058_thumb.jpgpost-14104-136040174001_thumb.jpg

I did fit some bonnet spacers which I had fitted on my R34 skyline. But decided I didn't like the look so I took them off

post-14104-136040175124_thumb.jpg

Next up, I will be fitting a new do-luck filter... Which I ordered a month ago from sumo power and am still waiting on!!!

Then, HKS true dual system and de-cats, motor dyne plenum spacer, air box mod and an up-rev remap!

That will not be the end though!!! I will be spending more and more on the engine whenever I am able to get away with it without pissing the missis off!!! (I'm supposed to be buying a house!!! Lol)

Will update once the shifter is fitted :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers dude.... Should be fun, I'm thinking of getting Abbey to do a full forged re-build and then go down the twin turbo route!!!

I'm also thinking of buying an OSgiken dog box and fitting an ikea-formula sequential shifter...

I think it will get to the point where I will end up taking it off the road and only use it for track days or drifting!

I'm already thinking of ideas for a replacement to use as a daily! Lol....

Fitted my new do-luck filter tonight....

post-14104-136096134056_thumb.jpg

Is this an 06+ airbox by the way????

post-14104-136096138542_thumb.jpg

Would save me a little bit of cash and time if it is....

No. The venturi siphon looks shallow like that of a DE. I have one for sale and I'll post a pic for comparison when I get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive decided...... The car is going to get stripped out to within an inch of its life and is getting some serious weight reduction!!! Its going to be my dedicated track car!!!

But... Im off to Africa to work on thursday, so i shall update when i come back home :D

Anyone got any ideas on a full de-cat exhaust system which will produce decent power and be track sound level friendly?? And be good for a turbo conversion when funds allow???

• 1 month later...

In the process of doing a little cosmetic mod today... Front and rear nissan badges are being sprayed black! Will do the door handles in the week too!

Just waiting for these to dry now so I can apply the clear coat and then I will post pics of them on the car :D

Edited by offshore-drifter

Will have plenty of forged engine parts on the new website for you to choose from

Plus, there's always the sentence in my sig. With regards to the exhaust I would recommend a single exit if you want power, I know the factory in China where the HKS replica comes from. Found at last week and it wouldn't be something I would put a lot of power through

I was actually thinking of a built cosworth bottom end and heads. But at the same time, would like to do something different and go for a little increase in displacement and twin turbo. Maybe even get an engine from a 370 and stroke that??? Hmmmmmmm.....

Maybe put a 370z engine, auto box and paddle shift??? Get the gearbox fully built and a valve job and updated torque converter???? :s

My plans are really pushing me to sell the car and get a 370z or even a 35GTR as a base :s

Well.... Today i fitted my japspeed K4 true dual system which i only ordered yesterday and they arrived by 3pm :D

Im absolutely chuffed with this system! The fitment was perfect apart from needing to trim the diff cover..

The sound is awsome! Maybe a little on the loud side.. But who cares?? Lol..

I also changed the engine and gearbox oils and added molyslip to the gearbox.. And changed the spark plugs for NGK platinum items :D

Tomorrow i should receive another one of my purchases.. An electronic throttle controller from EPracing :)

And later on i should be recieving some de-cats, auto mirror folding mod and an 06+ airbox conversion :)

Will post a pic of the exhaust later

Meh.... I personally have never seen any proof of any of these cheap exhaust failing in any way... Ever....

I have seen turbo down pipes cracking on mr2 turbos. But that is it.. I had a motoria exhaust system on my mr2 turbo and that was perfect. Bought it used, had it fitted 2 years, then sold it on again.

If it fails, then I will eat my words though :D

As I said.. De-cats do fall apart, because there the most stressed parts of the systems. The only reason why more expensive items might last *longer* is because there made with thicker steel.. If you were to chop a japspeed decat in half and add a flexi, that would last longer. The reason they don't do that is because of cost.. (Same goes with the expensive manufacturers)

I guarentee that my system will outlast any de-cats I put on there :)

Stainless steel is a quite brittle material because of the high carbon content.. It doesn't like to be bent, heated and cooled. Whereas.... Mild steel which standard systems are made from, don't mind it so much so they last longer.. The reason why car manufacturers make systems out of mild steel rather than stainless isn't just about cost. It's about just that!

:D

My point??? Nothing wrong with cheapo exhaust systems.... There bloody good value even if they need a tweak to fit (which mine never) and in my opinion, In my search for high power with a turbo conversion, I would take a replica exhaust over a super expensive custom system which has had absolutely no development put into it :D and even if my exhaust isn't a perfect gas flow and costs me 1-2bhp off my goal of 600bhp, I really dont think that is worth the extra 2grand for the HKS :D