Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

Leave it with me, I'll see how much he would want for them. Keep in mind this isn't a company, it's a family friend who just knocked this up for me with stuff lying in the workshop, so it's not a super refined piece of art lol

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Few more little updates, nothing massive so I haven't moved into the dreaded stage 10 just yet :blush:

Removed my Samco induction hose and Popcharger and fitted a polished Fujita induction kit which fits in perfect with my bay and gets rid of that fugly MAF carrier.

9029F468-9A82-4805-B907-5C1115B52D11.jpg

You'll also notice that I now have a carbon fibre engine cover too ;) I got that off eBay late last year for about £50. It's backed with fiberglass and feels extremely well made, however, the fit was absolutely shite and I had to redrill the holes! Also you'll see a new strut brace, my other half bought this off Redline for my birthday in February and as expected, the fit is perfect and the colour spot on :thumbs:

This leaves my bay looking like this… :D

1DD70398-4D67-4529-86D7-F8FA004F020D.jpg

Until about 2 hours ago when I fitted one of Mopedmarks excellently polished bonnet catches :teeth:

AEB58879-9F6E-4C4E-859D-84A60927E3CA.jpg

So thats the bay done for a while now, but I have a couple of things in line and hopefully have them sorted soon :)

Whilst I was out in the garage I thought i'd do another couple of easy jobs when I had the time. Simple stuff.

First up - wiper delete followed by RainX.

D2E156E9-7106-405B-92C1-A0959ABDDB0E.jpg

Removed the boot weight whilst I was at it and decided another thing was annoying me. The "350 Z" badge. I want the back as simple as possible in terms of lettering, so I whipped that off too.

4EC4CFAF-95F4-4A50-8826-CC92D206958D.jpg

It actually wasn't that hard to get off when I found out how to do it. Getting the letters off was easy, just some dental floss, getting the sticky crap off was another matter :wacko: But I found that rubbing with my finger or petrol was useless, so I used the cuff of my hoody and it just basically fell off :D Then I wiped any remaining residue off with a micro fibre soaked in petrol.

I had a dealer sticker on the rear window too, so I got the other halfs hairdryer and it made pretty light work of it, but it was still a bit fiddly because of the angle and it was quite brittle. Anyway, all gone now :D

Think thats it for now. Next one, two or three should be quite biggies ;)

• 1 month later...

Kyle How did you find the kumho KU39s? I recently fitted them to my 370 and find them much nicer drive than the bridgestones.Hasn't been any really wet weather yet to test them in wet conditions. I got the full set for a total of £420 which I thought was too good a bargain to miss.

Thats a fantastic bargain! Mine were about 600 18 months ago and that was at mates rates :scare:

I've driven them in every sort of weather and besides the first week when they were shiny, I've had no scares. I drifter buddy of mine took me out a couple of weeks back in it and pushed it significantly harder than I ever would/could and they stuck to the road like glue. :)

• 1 month later...